cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else getting random credit limit increases?

tag
toytoy
Regular Contributor

Is anyone else getting random credit limit increases?

So I received a message from Orchard Bank that they increased my CL and I thought it was spam so I just logged on and they increased from $600 to $800. Then I said let me check my Capitol One and they increased me from $500 to $2000. I know its Christmas time so I am sure this is common but my question is if I don't even use the cards would they still be giving me increases? A few months ago I was finally able to get non subprime credit cards so my credit card limit rose from $1300 to $18800 and now I am at $20500 but if I am not using the cards are the companies really trying to give me an incentive to use them. I don't use credit cards. Lol my problem is using my own money but is anyone else getting limits. I have yet to check my non subprime cards to see if I received any limits but just makes me wonder. 

Starting Score: EQ 603~TU 613
Current Score: EQ 763~TU 706
Goal Score: 810

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
lovely222
Regular Contributor

Re: Is anyone else getting random credit limit increases?

Apparently, a lot of people are getting CapOne CLIs. Unfortunately, I am not one of them. Smiley Sad In the past few months I've gotten increases on my Citi MTVU Visa, Nordstrom Visa, Banana Republic Card, Express Card, and WalMart card. But these were because I asked for CLIs at the 3 and 6 month period. I talked with a senior account manager at CapOne last night and he informed that no customer initiated CLIs are being given. So I guess I just have to hope they spread the luv. But I'm not holding my breath. Amex won't give me a CLI either.

6/13: FICO TU (Walmart): 750
6/13: FICO EQ (Score Watch): 769
Goal: 780+, 0 Balances, No app'ing! (For real this time!!!)
Message 2 of 8
-Furbz-
Contributor

if they are giving random credit limits then i guess im n...

if they are giving random credit limits then i guess im not included... i havent received any increases from either hsbc or cap one 

Message 3 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: if they are giving random credit limits then i guess im n...

no capital one increase for me either Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 8
mauve
Valued Contributor

Me either.

I got a CLI once, years ago - from $200 to $500.  At least this week, I was allowed to switch my existing card to a cash back reward card with no annual fee.  I guess at least I'll be earning a little bit of money on the cell phone bill now, which is the only thing I put on that card, ever. 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
john398
Senior Contributor

Just wondering, do the CLI come at statement cut ? Or are they random throughout the month?

Message 6 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Random or not, no CLIs here. Its been quite some time since I received one.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is anyone else getting random credit limit increases?

No CLI here either and I doubt I'll see one, when I do it will probably be when I least expect it. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.