Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is being ask to show ID against credit card/merchant agreement

[ Edited ]

Bran9192 wrote:
Thanks Cheddar!
I always thought they charged him a fee because he was a kid and wouldn't realize the difference and like I said I don't go it this store since it was bought by new people and they have employeed a noisey neighbor that likes to scream profanity at my daughter. Now that I know this I think I'm going to make it a point to go in with him the next time he stops in there! Where can I find some kind of documentation of this rule to provide the next time he goes in there. I have asked him not to shop there however it's the only store between home & school ( 3 miles away from home ) and he would rather pay the .50 than drive 15 minutes out of the way for drinks or whatever.

Here's the "Rules for Visa Merchants" handbook:

The rule against surcharges is at the top of page 10.

Also see page 29 for ID policies and even a special note on cards signed with "See ID".

Message Edited by cheddar on 06-26-2008 04:04 PM
----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. Smiley Surprised )
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Cheddar! You are a sweet heart!
Moderator Emeritus

Debit is different-

They can charge a debit fee- just not a CC fee.

Bran9192 wrote:

Moderator Emeritus

Timothy wrote:
Debit is different-

They can charge a debit fee- just not a CC fee.

Bran9192 wrote:

Really?

Didn't know that.

Off to do some more research.

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. Smiley Surprised )
Frequent Contributor

Bump. Anyone got any updated info on this?

Valued Contributor

wow. totally different cluster of thoughts, not those that i am used to reading here. wow. different ways of thinking back then or a group of members perspectives that think differently from the present group perhaps. when the thread was bumped, i started reading it, and even before i looked at the date of the thread, it was clear to me that it was an old thread even before my eyes confirmed it.

EX BankCard 8 FICO 820 (250-900) 04/08/14
TU FICO 806 (350-850) 04/10/14
EX VT 3.0 805 (300-850) TU VT 2.0 891 (501-990)
Credit.com score 798 (300 - 850) TU transrisk 772
card line up here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/How-Many-Credit-Cards-Do-YOU-have/m-p/1034512#M290859
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.