Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is citi hard to get approved?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is citi hard to get approved?

So far, Citibank has been very friendly. I have the Diamond Preferred MasterCard. Personally next year I want to apply for the Simplicity Card. It has zero percent for 18 months.

Good Luck on your quest
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sureno90 wrote:

Btw.. does anyone know which cards are good?

That truly depends on your spending habits and what you seek in a card.  I honestly do not think we can answer that question for you.

I would like to add, with only 3 inqs in the past two years, your score, depending on your income, you are pretty much a shoe in for a Citi card.

Personally I went for a Thank You card because it had a nice 0% promo offer and I believed it was the best Citi card that I could get approved for.  If my score had been better I would have done more research.

Message 12 of 20
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Citi pulled my Experian report back in Oct 11. At the time, I had 2 inquires and my score was 760ish. I was approved for a $9400 cl, and it remains at $9400 to date.

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 13 of 20
sureno90
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@sureno90 wrote:

Btw.. does anyone know which cards are good?

That truly depends on your spending habits and what you seek in a card.  I honestly do not think we can answer that question for you.

I would like to add, with only 3 inqs in the past two years, your score, depending on your income, you are pretty much a shoe in for a Citi card.

Personally I went for a Thank You card because it had a nice 0% promo offer and I believed it was the best Citi card that I could get approved for.  If my score had been better I would have done more research.

I need a mastercard not a visa.. and most of their best cards are visa. I know that the simplicity card has a mastercard version and diamond preferred is too. I called the backdoor number to see if I apply if I could request the Divident Platinum to be mastercard and the rep said no but I could get the Platinum Select. Aren't they all pretty much the same?

Message 14 of 20
sureno90
Established Member

Thanks for letting me know Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 20
sureno90
Established Member

Btw.. a couple months ago citi some how ran my credit which I didn't apply for anything.. I disputed it and they took the inquiry from my report off.. do you think they would deny me because of that? lol dumb question

Message 16 of 20
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@sureno90 wrote:

Btw.. a couple months ago citi some how ran my credit which I didn't apply for anything.. I disputed it and they took the inquiry from my report off.. do you think they would deny me because of that? lol dumb question

I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't think so. After all, you did nothing wrong.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 17 of 20
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So far, Citibank has been very friendly. I have the Diamond Preferred MasterCard. Personally next year I want to apply for the Simplicity Card. It has zero percent for 18 months.

Good Luck on your quest

Ash, did you recently get the diamond preferred?

Message 18 of 20
sureno90
Established Member

@tinuviel wrote:

@sureno90 wrote:

I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't think so. After all, you did nothing wrong.

Oh ok thanks

Message 19 of 20
sureno90
Established Member

Is the diamond preferred and the simplicity pretty much the same?

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.