Regular Contributor
ashkev89

Re: Is citi hard to get approved?

So far, Citibank has been very friendly. I have the Diamond Preferred MasterCard. Personally next year I want to apply for the Simplicity Card. It has zero percent for 18 months.

Good Luck on your quest

Starting Score: 475 09/2008
Current Score: 07/2012 EX:696 (BOFA & Amex Fico) EQ:707 (CU Pull) TU:708 (Walmart FIco)
Goal Score: To Be in the 800 Club!!!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
psychoinhell

sureno90 wrote:

Btw.. does anyone know which cards are good?

That truly depends on your spending habits and what you seek in a card.  I honestly do not think we can answer that question for you.

I would like to add, with only 3 inqs in the past two years, your score, depending on your income, you are pretty much a shoe in for a Citi card.

Personally I went for a Thank You card because it had a nice 0% promo offer and I believed it was the best Citi card that I could get approved for.  If my score had been better I would have done more research.

Starting Score: 600ish in 2007
Highest Score to date: EQ 716 May 2012(lender pull)
Current Score: EQ 685 6-21-12 ; Walmart TU Fico 744 6-05-12
Goal Score: 801
Established Contributor
searchingfor67

Citi pulled my Experian report back in Oct 11. At the time, I had 2 inquires and my score was 760ish. I was approved for a $9400 cl, and it remains at $9400 to date.

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCP $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $10.1K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Discover IT $9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU Flagship Visa Signature $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $10K | USAA World MC $9K
Established Member
sureno90

psychoinhell wrote:

sureno90 wrote:

Btw.. does anyone know which cards are good?

That truly depends on your spending habits and what you seek in a card.  I honestly do not think we can answer that question for you.

I would like to add, with only 3 inqs in the past two years, your score, depending on your income, you are pretty much a shoe in for a Citi card.

Personally I went for a Thank You card because it had a nice 0% promo offer and I believed it was the best Citi card that I could get approved for.  If my score had been better I would have done more research.

I need a mastercard not a visa.. and most of their best cards are visa. I know that the simplicity card has a mastercard version and diamond preferred is too. I called the backdoor number to see if I apply if I could request the Divident Platinum to be mastercard and the rep said no but I could get the Platinum Select. Aren't they all pretty much the same?

Established Member
sureno90

Thanks for letting me know :smileyhappy:

Established Member
sureno90

Btw.. a couple months ago citi some how ran my credit which I didn't apply for anything.. I disputed it and they took the inquiry from my report off.. do you think they would deny me because of that? lol dumb question

Moderator Emeritus
tinuviel

sureno90 wrote:

Btw.. a couple months ago citi some how ran my credit which I didn't apply for anything.. I disputed it and they took the inquiry from my report off.. do you think they would deny me because of that? lol dumb question

I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't think so. After all, you did nothing wrong.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Super Contributor
CS800

ashkev89 wrote:
So far, Citibank has been very friendly. I have the Diamond Preferred MasterCard. Personally next year I want to apply for the Simplicity Card. It has zero percent for 18 months.

Good Luck on your quest

Ash, did you recently get the diamond preferred?

Established Member
sureno90

tinuviel wrote:

sureno90 wrote:

I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't think so. After all, you did nothing wrong.

Oh ok thanks

Established Member
sureno90

Is the diamond preferred and the simplicity pretty much the same?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}