cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is discover still offering 10% for use of apple pay?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is discover still offering 10% for use of apple pay?

I've been looking on their website but can't find anything that mentions the promo.

If it's still being offered, does that essentially mean we get 20% instead of 10% since theyre doubling everything?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is discover still offering 10% for use of apple pay?

From 9/16/15 until 12/31/15 is the run for the Apple Pay, and essentially, yes. 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

From 9/16/15 until 12/31/15 is the run for the Apple Pay, and essentially, yes. 

This. ^

Ask a Discover rep via web chat and they'll confirm your Apple Pay question. 

Message 3 of 10
NichelleN
Established Contributor

And this is why I love this board.  I just got my Discover card yesterday and had no idea. I've now registered it for Apple pay and will start using it tomorrow.

More than enough credit.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NichelleN wrote:

And this is why I love this board.  I just got my Discover card yesterday and had no idea. I've now registered it for Apple pay and will start using it tomorrow.

Yup! Pretty awesome to know about these things.

I actually found out myself because I was looking forward to adding Apple Pay to my Discover...so I followed the news on it, then subsequently found out they were giving 10% away. Low and behold, I log into myfico and I see there's already a top thread.

Message 5 of 10
jesseh
Frequent Contributor

Discover is great. In passbook on your iphone it should say the offer is active.

Cards: BCE 24k 5/'17 | CF 12k 10/'15 | IHG 12k 10/'15 | HH 6k 6/'18 | DS It 6k 3/'15 | TR 5k 11/'15
Scores: 760-770 | Inquiries: 0-1 | Utilization: 0-10% | AAoA: 3yrs | Bank: Ally | CU's: Navy & Pentagon
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Slight thread jack, but do you have to do anything to get the promo? Or is it just: Add card to Apple Pay, use at checkout, without any Discover side signup?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 8 of 10
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Slight thread jack, but do you have to do anything to get the promo? Or is it just: Add card to Apple Pay, use at checkout, without any Discover side signup?

No signup, just add Discover to Apple Pay and use it.

Message 9 of 10
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

First hit Googling "Discover Apple Pay":

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/digital-wallets/applepay/index.html

That page has a link to:

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/help-center/faqs/apple-pay.html

What are the details for the 10% Cashback Bonus® promotion?
Cashback Bonus

Earn an extra 10% Cashback Bonus on up to $10,000 of in-store purchases when you use your Discover card with Apple Pay now through 12/31/15. Excludes gift card purchases. No sign up needed. Rewards earned are in addition to your standard rewards and are added to your Cashback Bonus account within 2 billing periods. See Cashback Bonus Program Terms and Conditions for more information.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.