cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is hitting that Bank of America luv button still considered risky business?

tag
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Re: Is hitting that Bank of America luv button still considered risky business?

If you are going to take a hp aim high. I always do 20-25k. they will counter and give you somewhere near the max they are willing to give.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luscher wrote:
If you are going to take a hp aim high. I always do 20-25k. they will counter and give you somewhere near the max they are willing to give.

I pulled the trigger and asked for 5k. They countered with 1.9k. Sigh. Better than nothing, I guess. 

Message 12 of 16
Santi78342
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Luscher wrote:

I pulled the trigger and asked for 5k. They countered with 1.9k. Sigh. Better than nothing, I guess. 

Call the Sr. Credit Analyst # found in the helpful threads. I too pulled the trigger asking for a CLI a couple days ago. I went from $2k to $.4.9k. I called for a recon and they bumped me all the way up to $10k! Always shoot for the sky asking for a CLI with BofA because they will counter. Call them!

Edit to add that I asked for $15k and the # you should call is 866-618-4585 (Sr Credit Analyst)

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Santi78342 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Luscher wrote:

Call the Sr. Credit Analyst # found in the helpful threads. I too pulled the trigger asking for a CLI a couple days ago. I went from $2k to $.4.9k. I called for a recon and they bumped me all the way up to $10k! Always shoot for the sky asking for a CLI with BofA because they will counter. Call them!

Edit to add that I asked for $15k and the # you should call is 866-618-4585 (Sr Credit Analyst)

Thanks for the advice.  Are they open on Saturdays? Do you think I stand a chance, being as that I used this card for the first time in 2 years?  And will it be another HP?  I didn't see anything on EX, so I'm assuming they must have pulled TU.

Message 14 of 16
Santi78342
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Santi78342 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Luscher wrote:

Thanks for the advice.  Are they open on Saturdays? Do you think I stand a chance, being as that I used this card for the first time in 2 years?  And will it be another HP?  I didn't see anything on EX, so I'm assuming they must have pulled TU.

Unfortunately they are closed on Saturday's so you will have to wait until Monday. They will use the same HP within 30 days and I can't really speak to your chances of a successful recon but it doesn't hurt to try since it will not result in another HP! I say go for it come Monday!!

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Santi78342 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Santi78342 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Luscher wrote:

Unfortunately they are closed on Saturday's so you will have to wait until Monday. They will use the same HP within 30 days and I can't really speak to your chances of a successful recon but it doesn't hurt to try since it will not result in another HP! I say go for it come Monday!!

Thank you, Santi.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.