Established Contributor
BrokaToe

Is it Better to Close or Let Close?

So I was wondering, from a credit report stand point. Does it look better to creditors if you have a tradeline that was cancelled due to inactivity, or does it look better if you requested to close the tradeline?

I was thinking about closing my Buckle card because I never use it. So I was wondering if I should just hang on to it and let them close it, or if I should request it to be closed. I guess since there is no annual fee it wouldn't matter, but I wanted to make sure if it were looked at any differently depending on how the tradeline was closed.

It's served it's purpose in helping me rebuild. Thinking Cap1 will be next as soon as the AF comes due again.

Thanks for any help in this.

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Re: Is it Better to Close or Let Close?

As far as the CAP 1 many people are having the AF removed as well as add rewards through the EO you may wish to also go that route

BrokaToe wrote:

So I was wondering, from a credit report stand point. Does it look better to creditors if you have a tradeline that was cancelled due to inactivity, or does it look better if you requested to close the tradeline?

I was thinking about closing my Buckle card because I never use it. So I was wondering if I should just hang on to it and let them close it, or if I should request it to be closed. I guess since there is no annual fee it wouldn't matter, but I wanted to make sure if it were looked at any differently depending on how the tradeline was closed.

It's served it's purpose in helping me rebuild. Thinking Cap1 will be next as soon as the AF comes due again.

Thanks for any help in this.

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13

Established Contributor
BrokaToe

[ Edited ]

myjourney wrote:

As far as the CAP 1 many people are having the AF removed as well as add rewards through the EO you may wish to also go that route

How are they doing that, through e-mail, phone call? You're talking the executive offices right? I forgot to mention the Cap1 is secured. :smileyfrustrated:

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

You can read through some of the threads as far as the secured cards but its all done via email and im sending you the info:smileyhappy:

Last 5 apps 6/13

Established Contributor
BrokaToe

Awesome, thanks a bunch!

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

BrokaToe wrote:

Awesome, thanks a bunch!

Sent via PM.............Good Luck

Last 5 apps 6/13

Established Contributor
BrokaToe

myjourney wrote:

BrokaToe wrote:

Awesome, thanks a bunch!

Sent via PM.............Good Luck

Great, Thank You! I will post an update, how long did it take you to get a response on the situation?

As for Closing the Buckle card, still wondering if I should close it or let it close, anyone have thoughts on that?

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

[ Edited ]

emailed on a thursday

they called me monday

CLI posted to acct. thursday

called me on friday to confirm the changes they had made to my accounts (2)

As for closing the other accounts either by you or issuer im hoping someone answers that question as well im interested too. I personally don't believe in closing an accounts..unless it has extensive fees associated with it

Last 5 apps 6/13

Valued Member
lecorps4fun

May I get that pm as well?  My card is not secure, but the CL is only $500.

Valued Contributor
bs6054

Google "capital one ceo email"

and you get it in the first two results.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}