Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it OK to......

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Is it OK to......

Max your credit cards out if your PIF every 2 weeks and making sure you have 0 balence before statement? (bureau reporting time)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Is it OK to......

@LS2982 wrote:

Max your credit cards out if your PIF every 2 weeks and making sure you have 0 balence before statement? (bureau reporting time)

Yes, but leave some credit available so that you won't go over the limit.
Message 2 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@DI wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

is 6 cents over the limit bad?? i didnt realize it went over.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 10
DI
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@DI wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Of course!  You'd get charge a $39 over the limit fee. 

Message 4 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@DI wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@DI wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

unless you have opted in for over limit coverage, the bank can not charge you an over limit fee.  however if you go over 2 times they can move your interest rate to default rate.

Message 5 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@DI wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@DI wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

I checked the site and they (Capital One) do not charge an over-the-limit fee. whew....

Im new to the CC world so any advice as to how to get a good one 6 months from now would be very much appreciated. all my scores on the FICO fit challenge are current.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 10
DI
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@DI wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@DI wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

I checked the site and they (Capital One) do not charge an over-the-limit fee. whew....

Im new to the CC world so any advice as to how to get a good one 6 months from now would be very much appreciated. all my scores on the FICO fit challenge are current.

If you want to be considered for a credit limit increase with Cap 1 in the future, one of its criterias is not to go over the limit.  The other criterias are to pay on time and have no return payments. 

Message 7 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@DI wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@DI wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@DI wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

If you want to be considered for a credit limit increase with Cap 1 in the future, one of its criterias is not to go over the limit.  The other criterias are to pay on time and have no return payments. 

They told me today on the phone the only way to get CLI with a secured card was a deposit. I really interested in getting an unsecured card in 6 months.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 10
DI
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@DI wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@DI wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@DI wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

They told me today on the phone the only way to get CLI with a secured card was a deposit. I really interested in getting an unsecured card in 6 months.

Going over the limit sure isn't going to help get an unsecured card.  

Message 9 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@DI wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@DI wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@DI wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@DI wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Going over the limit sure isn't going to help get an unsecured card.  

I understand that, I said earlier I didn't realize it because when I look at the avail. credit I thought they deduct charges as I go. May have been a missed charge.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.