cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it better to have all Visa Sig & WEMC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it better to have all Visa Sig & WEMC?

Just checking around online & see many of the cards I have also come in Signature's & World Elite's.  Once your card ages a bit & it's time to ask for a decent cli, is it better to upgrade your card as well?  I see many posts commenting on getting the Sig's & Elite's.  Is this the ultimate to get, then a decent cli & quit app'ing for anything else once you get to your desired total CL's? I just want certain cards, grow with them & that's it.  I would rather have less cards that are better with higher CL's & stop.  Is this the best route?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it better to have all Visa Sig & WEMC?

@Anonymous wrote:

Just checking around online & see many of the cards I have also come in Signature's & World Elite's.  Once your card ages a bit & it's time to ask for a decent cli, is it better to upgrade your card as well?  I see many posts commenting on getting the Sig's & Elite's.  Is this the ultimate to get, then a decent cli & quit app'ing for anything else once you get to your desired total CL's? I just want certain cards, grow with them & that's it.  I would rather have less cards that are better with higher CL's & stop.  Is this the best route?

I'm sure they have some use for people but so far they have provided zero benefits for me.  Only useable one in a regular basis is the Visa Signature 2 for 1 Fandango movie tickets.

Message 2 of 9
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Quick answer is yes. Even though some people don't use the benefits its better to have them and not need them rather to need them and not have them. 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So not that fantastic?  

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay.  Just trying to build a good cc portfolio & let it grow.  

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd try to get them but wouldn't be crushed if it didn't happen. I put our iPhone 6's on a card without regard to those kind of benefits and if I'd chosen a differ t card, I would have been reimbursed for mine when stolen within x days.

I think world and sig do, don't need WE for that.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need another 50 to 100k in total CL's.  I have about 5 other cards picked out.  Would like to combine a couple others and not have more than 20 total.  If I can get to 150k in total CL, I would just let the others grow and maybe I will get to 200k with them.  

Message 7 of 9
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I need another 50 to 100k in total CL's.  I have about 5 other cards picked out.  Would like to combine a couple others and not have more than 20 total.  If I can get to 150k in total CL, I would just let the others grow and maybe I will get to 200k with them.  

LOL. In your opening post, I got the impression you were looking to keep the card count to, like 5 quality cards Smiley Happy

As to the VS and WEMC, the crowd of posters here are perfectionists, and always want to try to get the n-th degree of perfection out of their cards... even if, as Irish notes, the real use of it is Fandango movie night.

I, too was happy when my CapOne Platinum was updated to Quicksilver World MC (!) and I got my Diners with World MC status (!) but have I used them as those status? No. The status item I have found most useful is the Amex Delta Gold; early boarding and reduced fee (and not kicked out of) the Delta lounges... though I did have to traipse all over JFK to find one that was really Delta...

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly!  Just want the least amount of cards with higher CL's.  Or gardening until I can get the highest scores for them.  I would like better treatment when traveling.  So that would be a good thing.  I have a couple Sig's now.  Wasn't sure if the ultimate wallet would be all Sig's & WEMC's with high limits.  Thank you.  Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.