Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it easier to get a business card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it easier to get a business card?

I was wondering whether it is easier to get a business card with a limited credit history rather than a personal? Just wondering if it is easier since they need a federal tax id, and you can put your business income as well?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it easier to get a business card?

Anyone have any suggestions, or personal experience trying to get business credit vs. personal?
Message 2 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

well as you stated you have to have a Tax id. but once you start to built business credit, I find business credit VERY easy to get.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright, the business does have a tax id and has been in business for 5 years. However I am not sure if it has ever had a business credit card, just debit cards. Not sure if I should apply for one. I really want a good business rewards one, I buy all my inventory on credit card and pay it off at the end of the month
Message 4 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you don't know if the business has ever had a credit card? are you the owner?
you have to be a signing officer of the company to get credit in the company name.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually it was my parents, but I am taking over credit wise since my parents now have bad credit, unrelated to the business.
Message 6 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

well Staples will give the business credit without pg (personal gaurantee) with no business credit.
The list gets much bigger once you start building business credit
if you want to PG, First Equity gives nice CL with even fairly low personal credit.
then if you have better personal credit you can get any card from any bank really!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.