cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it easy to apply to Bill Pay or Pay Pal- Is this the same?

tag
NICKI183
Established Contributor

Is it easy to apply to Bill Pay or Pay Pal- Is this the same?

How do you get approved for Bill Pay or Pay Pal?  Who is the creditor?  What credit scores do they look at?  Is it a hard or soft hit?  What CR?

Many questions......
Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
tonsers
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is it easy to apply to Bill Pay or Pay Pal- Is this the same?

I pay all my bills through Bill Pay on the Bank of America website. It is super easy - just add the account numbers into the system and you can choose how much to pay every month. Do you do online banking - and if so, with who? I have no info to offer on PayPal - haven't used it!
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paypal is a really simple, and good service. You simply add your card numbers to the pay-pal database, then when you are using a website that allows pay-pal payment. You just click on pay-thru paypal, login in to paypal, choose your method of payment, and presto your done. Its really simple, once you've done it a time or two. I read a story awhile back on msn.com, that says pay-pal is the future of online shopping.
Message 3 of 9
aaagirl
New Contributor

I've got the pay pal buyer credit, $500 CL had TU score of 620  (1/08 last I looked) it is handled by GE money, and reports as a line of credit. Hope this helps!

~aaagirl1
FICO SCORES:
>8/11/07 TU: 572 EXP: 586 EQ: 542
1/15/08 TU: 620 EXP: 642 EQ: 655
Message 4 of 9
Duke-of-Earl
Regular Contributor

So what range of CLs does Pay Pal give?

Starting Score: EQ 804 - (April 2009)
Upgraded thanks to FICO Forums: EQ 813 / EX 842 / TU 823 - (FICO scores from mortgage lenders, June 2010)
Recent Scores: EQ 807 / TU 799 - (March 2012)
Goal: Survive Another Day
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 9
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

I have a feeling op was thinking bill me later. Could be wrong.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@crosbyk1 wrote:
I have a feeling op was thinking bill me later. Could be wrong.

Yeah think poster meant Bill Me Later too

Bill Me Later is backed by "Web Bank" - They do not allow BK at all but otherwise 650ish but better if up in 680+ I think for approval... kind of an in between of a floating line and a ard line of credit that can move with purchases or lock in for a bit... does not report to Credit unless Default so can be nice and almost ALL purchases get 3 months 0% at least.

PayPal has a store card and a MC and both are through GE bank and CL range from $150 up over $10k.

GE tends to be a little "weird" with approvals to store vs Visa/MC,Discover/Amex depending on store you are looking at so who knows what one might expect.

Message 7 of 9
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

My dad had a BK in 2006 and he was approved for $3000 from bill me later a few months ago. So yes they do allow BK. His credit score is the high 600s

Message 8 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Juss11 wrote:

My dad had a BK in 2006 and he was approved for $3000 from bill me later a few months ago. So yes they do allow BK. His credit score is the high 600s

You know what the second I read this I was like you are stupid "Fill in my name!" My best friend has one and he has bk... I might try again after my car shows up paid off and closed and the credit card my partner and I share updates paid off...  When I applied in past it only listed BK for reason for denial.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.