cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it embarrasing using AMEX at a fast food?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Is it embarrassing using AMEX at a fast food?

At 3% cash back for restuarant, including fast food, for the trueearnings card, I used it every chance I get.  Even for sub $10 meal.  It all adds up.

Message 91 of 109
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is it embarrasing using AMEX at a fast food?

I'm not embarrassed to use my AmEx, or any other card, for small dollar purchases. In regards to the AmEx specifically, I enjoy the looks it gets. Smiley Wink

 

Heck, the Safeway next door to the branch office I work at charges 25 cents for a large cup of water, and you better believe I swipe that. 

 

I can't tell you the last time I've used cash. For anything.

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 92 of 109
Super Contributor

Re: Is it embarrasing using AMEX at a fast food?

 


JMN wrote:

I'm not embarrassed to use my AmEx, or any other card, for small dollar purchases. In regards to the AmEx specifically, I enjoy the looks it gets. Smiley Wink

 

Heck, the Safeway next door to the branch office I work at charges 25 cents for a large cup of water, and you better believe I swipe that. 

 

I can't tell you the last time I've used cash. For anything.


I'm with you.  I can't remember the last time I carried any cash.  The other day, I charged a 50 cent candy bar. 

 

Message 93 of 109
Super Contributor

Re: Is it embarrasing using AMEX at a fast food?

 


Open123 wrote:

 


JMN wrote:

I'm not embarrassed to use my AmEx, or any other card, for small dollar purchases. In regards to the AmEx specifically, I enjoy the looks it gets. Smiley Wink

 

Heck, the Safeway next door to the branch office I work at charges 25 cents for a large cup of water, and you better believe I swipe that. 

 

I can't tell you the last time I've used cash. For anything.


I'm with you.  I can't remember the last time I carried any cash.  The other day, I charged a 50 cent candy bar. 

 


I charge atleast 1.00 minimum.  Charging 50 cents is just too low unless I'm using a debit card. 

 

Message 94 of 109
Regular Contributor

Re: Is it embarrasing using AMEX at a fast food?

I use my Zync whereevery I want to!  Smiley Happy

 

Ray

Current Goals:

830 FICO / ** GARDEN ** / Pay off one remaing card.

** Every Card Has a Job and Every Card Does Its Job **
Message 95 of 109
Super Contributor

Re: Is it embarrasing using AMEX at a fast food?

 


RayRocks wrote:

I use my Zync whereevery I want to!  Smiley Happy

 

Ray


Wherever you want to or whereever AMEX is accepted?  Ha!

 

Message 96 of 109
Contributor

Re: Is it embarrasing using AMEX at a fast food?


DI wrote:

 


RayRocks wrote:

I use my Zync whereevery I want to!  Smiley Happy

 

Ray


Wherever you want to or whereever AMEX is accepted?  Ha!

 


Quick off topic question (sorry DI), can I earn points with the Zync restaurant package anywhere or do I have to dine at specific places? As often as I eat out i'd love to start earning some points for it! I racked up an impressive bill last night on my Amex & it hit me, daggumit I should be getting something out of this!

Message 97 of 109
Super Contributor

Re: Is it embarrasing using AMEX at a fast food?

 


daytrade5 wrote:

DI wrote:

 


RayRocks wrote:

I use my Zync whereevery I want to!  Smiley Happy

 

Ray


Wherever you want to or whereever AMEX is accepted?  Ha!

 


Quick off topic question (sorry DI), can I earn points with the Zync restaurant package anywhere or do I have to dine at specific places? As often as I eat out i'd love to start earning some points for it! I racked up an impressive bill last night on my Amex & it hit me, daggumit I should be getting something out of this!


It's anywhere that's classified as "restaurant."  So, you get double points at starbucks, pete's, or any coffee shop/bar that's listed as "restaurant" as their merchant code.  If you sign up for the Eco pack, you get double the points at Costco, Whole Foods, or any merchange at Greeopia. 

 

Message 98 of 109
Regular Contributor

Re: Is it embarrasing using AMEX at a fast food?

Yep - I hear that!

 

Here in Minneapolis, it is super rare to find an establishment that will not take Amex. If so, I would use my Discover card.

 

Ray

Current Goals:

830 FICO / ** GARDEN ** / Pay off one remaing card.

** Every Card Has a Job and Every Card Does Its Job **
Message 99 of 109
Super Contributor

Re: Is it embarrasing using AMEX at a fast food?

 


RayRocks wrote:

Yep - I hear that!

 

Here in Minneapolis, it is super rare to find an establishment that will not take Amex. If so, I would use my Discover card.

 

Ray


Same here in Norther CA with everyone takes Amex.  Only a few "mom & pop" shop/restaurants don't take it.  Here, you don't really even need a visa/mastercard.  We even pay our business office lease with Amex.

 

Message 100 of 109