Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it frowned upon to BT?

tag
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Re: Is it frowned upon to BT?

@Anonymous wrote:

The only time I've sort of seen it is with Discover. I got the card a couple years ago and instantly filled it up with a BT. As I've paid it down, I've continually been offered 0% BTs and have taken advantage of them a few more times. Basically I've kept the card near full with BT's. I'd recently paid it down to about 40% and hit the luv button and was increased from 4k to 5k. I filled it yet again. This was right at the time I found this site and then I was kicking myself for running the utilization back up on that card, but I'd already requested the bT (hadn't gone through yet) so I had to let it go. I'd paid some down so I figured what the heck, others are getting CLI's every other day (exaggerated) so I might as well try again. The letter I got said something to the effect of--all you keep doing is BT and you never buy anything. Not quite, but almost. Something about no purchase history. So...I am using paying this down as a priority and have switched from Freedom to this card for restaurants this quarter and bought something online through their Discover Deals (10% back at Macy's). 

I'l give it a couple months and see how they like that. 

-DEAD-

Oh my god my stomach muscles....I'm laughing so much. Tears.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JSS3 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The only time I've sort of seen it is with Discover. I got the card a couple years ago and instantly filled it up with a BT. As I've paid it down, I've continually been offered 0% BTs and have taken advantage of them a few more times. Basically I've kept the card near full with BT's. I'd recently paid it down to about 40% and hit the luv button and was increased from 4k to 5k. I filled it yet again. This was right at the time I found this site and then I was kicking myself for running the utilization back up on that card, but I'd already requested the bT (hadn't gone through yet) so I had to let it go. I'd paid some down so I figured what the heck, others are getting CLI's every other day (exaggerated) so I might as well try again. The letter I got said something to the effect of--all you keep doing is BT and you never buy anything. Not quite, but almost. Something about no purchase history. So...I am using paying this down as a priority and have switched from Freedom to this card for restaurants this quarter and bought something online through their Discover Deals (10% back at Macy's). 

I'l give it a couple months and see how they like that. 

-DEAD-

Oh my god my stomach muscles....I'm laughing so much. Tears.

I know.. That had me cracking up too when I read itSmiley HappySmiley Happy  Too Funny!!

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Explain, spider?

Nix that bare signature line must have been under attack while you were out seeing the world. Could have been the mob or ... an inside job ;(

Message 13 of 16
Seatown1two
Regular Contributor

So the only potential issue would be the situation jss described.. Continually BT while showing the inability to pay the debt down in a timely manner.. Thanks for the responses everyone, lots of great information here.
Amex Blue Cash - 22.9k | CSR - 21.9k | Cap One Quicksilver MC - 18.5k | BofA Travel Rewards - 15k | Lowes - 15k | Citi DC - 13.2k | Discover IT Miles - 20.1k | Amazon Prime Visa - 6k | BofA BBR - 5.4k
Message 14 of 16
taxi818
Super Contributor

Only one i can think of is amex. that might not like you transfering their balance to another card. otherwise. i would say no. especially if you are transfering to their card. they want to be the one to carry the balance and who you pay interest to.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah...sig is under construction.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.