cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it normal for a credit card company to not report to the credit agencies once in a while?

tag
Awesomely
Regular Contributor

Is it normal for a credit card company to not report to the credit agencies once in a while?

It turns out that Discover didn't report this past month, my statement period ended January 24th and they didn't report it to Equifax. I also got a $1,000 limit increase so maybe that has something to do with it? Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Is it normal for a credit card company to not report to the credit agencies once in a while?

@Awesomely wrote:

It turns out that Discover didn't report this past month, my statement period ended January 24th and they didn't report it to Equifax. I also got a $1,000 limit increase so maybe that has something to do with it? Thanks.

Yes, its normal.  It happens more often when the cardholder have no activity on the card for the month. 

Message 2 of 3
Awesomely
Regular Contributor

Re: Is it normal for a credit card company to not report to the credit agencies once in a while?

Considering that I had 11 transactions for January and over 20 for December it must be something else.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.