cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it ok for a 19 year old to have this many credit cards?

tag
Rvan1961
Valued Member

Re: Is it ok for a 19 year old to have this many credit cards?

People would kill for those scores Smiley Happy Keep up the good work and don't close old good accounts with no fees involved Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 622
Current Score: 650
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@brian2220 wrote:

i almost forgot to mention my scores i just pulled today from creditkeeper

745 transunion

760 experian

753 equifax

@Anonymous i will make sure i dont because i want to get a vehicle sooner or later Smiley Very Happy 

You've done a very good job of managing your credit at your age but I guess I have to be the one to tell you that the "scores" you get from CreditKeeper are not FICO scores. There is no 3 in 1 monitoring service at this time that sells FICO scores.

No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myFICO. I suggest you do an internet search for "myfico discount codes" to save a little money.

At one time you could also purchase your Transunion score at transunioncs.com but that site seems to have stopped doing that. Equifax will still sell you a FICO score but you have to look very hard to find it. You can get to it here: www.equifax.com/myfico-products.

So if the only place you've gotten your scores is CreditKeeper then I'm afraid you still don't know where you actually stand. All of the non-FICO (FAKO) scores are based on different scoring formulas than FICO and cannot be compared to FICO scores in any way. FAKO scores could be higher or lower that your actual FICO scores.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 12 of 16
brian2220
Regular Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@brian2220 wrote:

i almost forgot to mention my scores i just pulled today from creditkeeper

745 transunion

760 experian

753 equifax

@Anonymous i will make sure i dont because i want to get a vehicle sooner or later Smiley Very Happy 

You've done a very good job of managing your credit at your age but I guess I have to be the one to tell you that the "scores" you get from CreditKeeper are not FICO scores. There is no 3 in 1 monitoring service at this time that sells FICO scores.

No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myFICO. I suggest you do an internet search for "myfico discount codes" to save a little money.

At one time you could also purchase your Transunion score at transunioncs.com but that site seems to have stopped doing that. Equifax will still sell you a FICO score but you have to look very hard to find it. You can get to it here: www.equifax.com/myfico-products.

So if the only place you've gotten your scores is CreditKeeper then I'm afraid you still don't know where you actually stand. All of the non-FICO (FAKO) scores are based on different scoring formulas than FICO and cannot be compared to FICO scores in any way. FAKO scores could be higher or lower that your actual FICO scores.

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

i have know this since it happened also but it just gives me a rough estimate of what they stand every month because i have been pulling them every month since i started household.

i have been monitoring my credit because of reason beyond my power

My Cards
BBVA/Compass 2/12 $ 5000 ----- Chase Freedom 12/10 $3000 ---- Cabela's 1/12 $3000 -----US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards 6/11 $3000 ----Walmart Discover 10/11 $2814 ------ Discover More 11/11 $2500 ----- Amazon Store Card 2/11 $2100---- Amex Zync 4/11 ---- Citi Dividend Platinum Select 3/11 $1950 ---- BofA Cash Rewards 12/11 $1000
Message 13 of 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@brian2220 wrote:

i have know this since it happened also but it just gives me a rough estimate of what they stand every month because i have been pulling them every month since i started household.

And I just now realized that when I wrote You've done a very good job of managing your credit at your age... I actually meant to comment about the post by Nightfallx.

I've read way too many posts today!  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:

Message 14 of 16
Nightfallx
New Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@brian2220 wrote:

And I just now realized that when I wrote You've done a very good job of managing your credit at your age... I actually meant to comment about the post by Nightfallx.

From a BK years ago to:

Thanks. All of my cards and limits are real and completely on me, no co-signers. Smiley Very Happy

Brian, you say you have 5 accounts at 18 yet on another post you said 3 years ago you had a Capital One paid in full everytime. You had a Capital One in your name at 15? Hmm...Smiley Mad

in my wallet:
Amex Zync : NPSL (main card always pif)
Discover More: 6,500$ (no balance)
Chase Sapphire : 5000.00$ (no balance)
Citi Thank You Card backed by Amex 8,200$ (no balance)
Amex Blue Cash 21,000$
Best Buy Store Card : 5,700$ (I'm a nerd so used a lot)
Message 15 of 16
brian2220
Regular Contributor

@Nightfallx wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@brian2220 wrote:

From a BK years ago to:

Thanks. All of my cards and limits are real and completely on me, no co-signers. Smiley Very Happy

Brian, you say you have 5 accounts at 18 yet on another post you said 3 years ago you had a Capital One paid in full everytime. You had a Capital One in your name at 15? Hmm...Smiley Mad

that one i was co signed for about 3 weak months until the person that had it decided to close it and just disappeared of my cr 

i was just stating what they did in that time in that post 

My Cards
BBVA/Compass 2/12 $ 5000 ----- Chase Freedom 12/10 $3000 ---- Cabela's 1/12 $3000 -----US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards 6/11 $3000 ----Walmart Discover 10/11 $2814 ------ Discover More 11/11 $2500 ----- Amazon Store Card 2/11 $2100---- Amex Zync 4/11 ---- Citi Dividend Platinum Select 3/11 $1950 ---- BofA Cash Rewards 12/11 $1000
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.