cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it ok to request a CLI for Amazon card when a collection account is in dispute?

tag
Siobhanmairead
Valued Member

Is it ok to request a CLI for Amazon card when a collection account is in dispute?

I discovered a collection account on my credit reports. I filed a dispute because I don't know where it came from and don't think it's mine.

My Amazon store card cuts it's 4th statement tomorrow and I was planning to request a CLI because I've heard of great success after the 4th statement.

Should I go ahead and request with the dispute open? bad idea?

Thank you!

Starting Score: 600
Current Score: 663
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Is it ok to request a CLI for Amazon card when a collection account is in dispute?

IMHO 

I would wait until you clear it up

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 7
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: Is it ok to request a CLI for Amazon card when a collection account is in dispute?

@myjourney wrote:

IMHO 

I would wait until you clear it up

ditto

Message 3 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Gonna agree, I'd wait on it.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 7
zerobacan
Established Contributor

I know of you make a dispute that tradeline gets hidden from your cr. And its mark as disputed. It will not count as bad or good til it get resolve. Ive done it
Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 5 of 7
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@Siobhanmairead wrote:

I discovered a collection account on my credit reports. I filed a dispute because I don't know where it came from and don't think it's mine.

My Amazon store card cuts it's 4th statement tomorrow and I was planning to request a CLI because I've heard of great success after the 4th statement.

Should I go ahead and request with the dispute open? bad idea?

Thank you!

Personally, I would wait until it is cleared up.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 6 of 7
boomhower
Valued Contributor

They gave me a CLI to $10k with two unpaid collections on my report. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.