cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible get Amazon/Newegg store cards transfered?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible get Amazon/Newegg store cards transfered?

I've been looking at the chase slate card to help pay off the following 'store cards'

newegg preferred has $800 - 25.99%

Paypal's bill me later has $1100 - 19.99%

amazon store card has $1400 - 25.99%

Has anyone done this , with the slate card in particular  - or know if you can? will they do BT checks for those?

Also if anyone has any reccomendations for other cards I am open for suggestions. (I also have a chase freedome with $700 at 13.24% but I'm more concerned about the higher APR store cards at the moment)

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Is it possible get Amazon/Newegg store cards transfered?

Chase does do BT checks. Call them to request one. Make sure it is BT check not CA check.

Message 2 of 8
sarux3
Frequent Contributor

You may want to consider that the Newegg and BML accounts are hidden TLs, so currently those balances aren't showing up on your CR and not affecting your reported utilization.  If you BT those balances onto a Slate, then that debt is going to be reported and you might suffer a significant hit to your utilization as a result (not knowing the full extent of your credit profile, this could be major or minor).  The high APRs kinda suck to deal with, but they might be a reasonable trade-off for not having that $1900 in debt showing on your CRs.

CH7 Filed Dec 31, 2018; DC Apr 9, 2019
FICO 8 at DC (Apr 15, 2019):
FICO 8 current (June 29, 2022):
Total revolving credit limit: $149,150 Utilization: 9% Inquiries:

Who I've burnt: Amex / Discover / Chase / Wells Fargo / CapOne / Barclays / Citi / DSNB / US Bank / NASA FCU / Apple FCU / Synch / Comenity
Who let me back in: CapOne / Citi (Retail) / DSNB / Synchrony / Comenity
Message 3 of 8
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

@sarux3 wrote:

You may want to consider that the Newegg and BML accounts are hidden TLs, so currently those balances aren't showing up on your CR and not affecting your reported utilization.  If you BT those balances onto a Slate, then that debt is going to be reported and you might suffer a significant hit to your utilization as a result (not knowing the full extent of your credit profile, this could be major or minor).  The high APRs kinda suck to deal with, but they might be a reasonable trade-off for not having that $1900 in debt showing on your CRs.

I would rather have $1900 report and suffer a short utl hit over losing money in interest payments. Assuming the math with BT fees works in your favor.

NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 4 of 8
shane82388
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been looking at the chase slate card to help pay off the following 'store cards'

Has anyone done this , with the slate card in particular  - or know if you can? will they do BT checks for those?

Also if anyone has any reccomendations for other cards I am open for suggestions. (I also have a chase freedome with $700 at 13.24% but I'm more concerned about the higher APR store cards at the moment)

newegg preferred and bill me later are considered seperate entities? I thought they were both Bill Me Later basically...as in, if you had one, you couldnt get the other?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the bill me later account with paypal from ebay purchases(payments are made within paypal),  and the newegg (.mypreferredaccount.com) i pay with my bank

So they are different in my case - signed up on different occasions

With amazon being the largest balance , highest apr, and showing up on my CR - I feel as though it may be worth it to just transfer this, and focus on paying off the newegg and bill me later during those first few months and avoid the util hit as mentioned

Message 6 of 8
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

newegg preferred and bill me later are considered seperate entities? I thought they were both Bill Me Later basically...as in, if you had one, you couldnt get the other?

One can have both a regular BillMeLater (aka PayPal Credit) and a NewEgg Preferred "powered by BillMeLater". I use all three cards you mentioned...  the APR is meaningless since I PIF when the promotion is coming due, not a day late.  The first two are hidden tradelines...

All three of these have lender names, addesses, and account numbers that any lender can make a payment to...  or you can set up a paper check.

Maxing out a credit card with transfers can spook out other lenders because of heavy utiliation on a single card. Tread lightly

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 7 of 8
titancylinder
Regular Contributor

I personally have balanced transferred an Amazon store card balance to SLATE. It does indeed work. Took them just under 14 business days for me. 

Coming Soon
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.