cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible that Chase pulled a different CRA for my CLI?

tag
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

Is it possible that Chase pulled a different CRA for my CLI?

As I posted last week, I got approved for a $5000 CSP on recon, and then got brave a few days later and got approved for a CLI from $1500 to $7500 on my Freedom, also on recon.

I BEGGED them to do a soft, and they told me gently, but firmly, that they do not do that.  They also would not use my previous HP for a few days before. They did feel I had a "good" chance on recon, so I agreed to the pull.

Only ONE HP is showing on my CR, and it has been almost a week.  When the HP hit my EQ for the CSP app, I got a MyFICO alert immediately, and that HP is showing on my report, which I pulled today, but the other one is not.

Do you guys think they pulled a different CRA report?  I did ask them to, but they told me they pull EQ in my state.  Is it possible that it was so close time wise to the other inquiry that it only counted as one?  

I am not sure why it matters; I am just curious, and I have seen this happen a few times to others.  I just think it is REALLY odd that they would insist it is a HP, refuse to look at the previous report, and then not do a HP again.  Weird.  I am also a little concerned that it could still pop up, but it has been about a week now.

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

Re: Is it possible that Chase pulled a different CRA for my CLI?

Often times, if two pulls from the same institution come in back to back, the cra will delete the second as a duplicate. No way to predict, but does happen from time to time.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 2 of 11
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Chase canpull from any of three for cli and apps.  So easily possible you got hp on other cr.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 3 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I've found that CSRs don't always know how their companies pull from CRs or even which CRA is used, so it is very possible that they pulled another CRA than EQ.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 11
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

I tried calling for a credit limit increases last week and the dude i spoke with told me it would be a hard pull which i knew it would be. I tried to see if he could pull either TU or EX and he said that the system would pull EQ and he couldn't pick one to pull from so i decided against it. I wish everyone didn't pull damn EQ.

Message 5 of 11
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

You could also check credit karma (for tu) and credit sesame (for ex). They won't tell you who the inquiries are from, but will give you a total.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 6 of 11
Crashem
Valued Contributor

CreditsesameCredit sesame only updates once a month.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 7 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Creditors don't delete inquiries often; in reality they almost assuredly pulled a different bureau if their policies mandate a credit pull.

It costs the same (for any of the big lenders certainly) and it gives a more complete resolution of a customer, as even in today's age of everything being connected, there's still variation in most people's credit reports.  There's a reason mortgages are always tri-pulls, and it's simply because it gives the best picture of the borrower.  The only reason lenders don't pull all three for everything is it's three times as expensive.

This is actually a very common practice as it makes the most business sense for any lender.  The only ones that don't are the ones which only have a relationship with one CRA, but all of the national lenders (including Chase) absolutely pull from all three.

        
Message 8 of 11
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

Based on a post by SanjeevR a few days ago, I too decided to try having them pull from a specific CRA of my choice. I first called the CSR and asked the rep to pull EQ and she said that she can't assure that (they just click the button) and this was actually expected. I asked to be transferred to lending to see if they can do it. To my surprise even the lending said they cannot assure it. I called back later after freezing EX and TU and sure enough the first attempt was EX. They agreed to pull EQ after this Smiley Mad Got a CLI from $7,500 to just $20,000 on the CSP. They would not CLI my Palladium with the same pull and wanted to pull another report (which is ridiculous) but I agreed. Eventually they declined the CLI on it citing that both were relatively new accounts (maybe a valid reason) and that I only had one card with a higher limit reporting. 

Checked CR and it was only a single pull. I knew they were bluffing about doing 2 Hard Pulls. My experience was certainly not very pleasant despite the CSP increase. FWIW I do not have any savings with Chase although I did use the cards heavily and PIF etc. My scores are 800+, no HP prior to this request, AAoA 6.6 years, and oldest account ~12 years (closed and only showing on EQ!). I know folks with not similar profile have been able to manage better limits with Chase (kudos) but the general experience was not the best I was expecting. I have a few big purchases coming and they will be going to Amex.

Message 9 of 11
bodybuilder510
Regular Contributor

I'm in California, my Chase freedom approval was hard on Equifax and cli was a soft on Experian. No hard or soft pulls on TU.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.