cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to PC a Citi DC to a Citi Diamond Preferred..... and more....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to PC a Citi DC to a Citi Diamond Preferred..... and more....

Hi my fico friends. Is it possible to PC a Citi DC to a Diamond Preferred and possibly get the 0% interest for 21 months? Or should I just apply for the Diamond Preferred? I'm not looking for a BT card right now but maybe 4 or 5 months from now and I really like the idea of having 21 months. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
trubliever82
Regular Contributor

Re: Is it possible to PC a Citi DC to a Citi Diamond Preferred..... and more....

They will not give you any sign up promos when u pc
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it possible to PC a Citi DC to a Citi Diamond Preferred..... and more....

@trubliever82 wrote:
They will not give you any sign up promos when u pc

So it would make sense to just apply. If I apply and get approved can I combine my Citi DC to the Diamond Preferred and close the Citi DC?

Message 3 of 7
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I think you could theoretically do the PC but you won't get the 0% promotion so there wouldn't be much point, you'd just be losing rewards

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry I meant the 0% interest on a balance transfer. That would be my sole purpose for the card. Would I gain that if I PC'd?
Message 5 of 7
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm sorry I meant the 0% interest on a balance transfer. That would be my sole purpose for the card. Would I gain that if I PC'd?

You can get a BT offer on your current card if you qualify, no need  to PC for that

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You can get a BT offer on your current card if you qualify, no need  to PC for that

You can PC when you have a balance on the card ,and even if its a balance transfer. Card has to be a year old.  You must call in to do it.

My SO asked yesterday if the Diamond Preferred was PC'd to the dividend would it still receive BT offers, as well as similar mail offers for 5% off 500 of specific category (this month was anything online)

Response was YES!  Acounts are evaluated every Februrary and either August or September, can't remember. So you might have a brief period where you stopped getting offers but they would come back really soon or in 6 months.  

Nice thing about dividend is you can use the whole year in one quarter.  I would always make sure gift cards don't have a higher rate of return and/or combine the dividend OR gift cards with a cash back portal (and always coupons!)

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.