cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to get approved without a job?

tag
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: Is it possible to get approved without a job?

yes, i'm sure thats a problem since no bank, even lenders who will extend credit with a 5-year-old BK, is going to lend to you with a pending bankruptcy.  If you can find out who reported it, I would dispute with them... if not, use the online dispute for EQ.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 21 of 44
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

yes, i'm sure thats a problem since no bank, even lenders who will extend credit with a 5-year-old BK, is going to lend to you with a pending bankruptcy.  If you can find out who reported it, I would dispute with them... if not, use the online dispute for EQ.

I just disputed it online as well as contacted our bankruptcy lawyer.  He's going to send Equifax a letter for us, too. 

Message 22 of 44
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

+1

Yes, definitely a problem if not listed as discharged.  Have you checked to see if all your reports reflect this?  I'd work on correcting that before anything.  Really, your scores are both good enough to find a creditor that will extend you credit but not with a pending BK showing.  Use the rebuilding section of this site and get some good info on how to get this corrected on your reports first then come back and get some info from others with similar experiences to help you with your credit card choices after your reports are corrected.  I bet this is a major reason that you have been denied besides cold apping creditors that might not be so BK friendly.  One last question:  are you by chance military or ex-military?

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 23 of 44
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

@improvingmycredit wrote:

+1

Yes, definitely a problem if not listed as discharged.  Have you checked to see if all your reports reflect this?  I'd work on correcting that before anything.  Really, your scores are both good enough to find a creditor that will extend you credit but not with a pending BK showing.  Use the rebuilding section of this site and get some good info on how to get this corrected on your reports first then come back and get some info from others with similar experiences to help you with your credit card choices after your reports are corrected.  I bet this is a major reason that you have been denied besides cold apping creditors that might not be so BK friendly.  One last question:  are you by chance military or ex-military?

Wow, just wow!  I still can't believe that's been sitting there like that for nearly 5 years!  We're on top of it now to get it fixed before we do anything else.

We are not military, but recently joined the Navy family.  Smiley Happy  Our oldest is now part of the DEP.  She still has to finish her senior year of high school, but will do that early (in December).  Why do you ask?

Message 24 of 44
laz98
Senior Contributor

@fuzzybean wrote:

+1

Wow, just wow!  I still can't believe that's been sitting there like that for nearly 5 years!  We're on top of it now to get it fixed before we do anything else.

We are not military, but recently joined the Navy family.  Smiley Happy  Our oldest is now part of the DEP.  She still has to finish her senior year of high school, but will do that early (in December).  Why do you ask?

Probably going to recommend USAA.

Message 25 of 44
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

I also noticed hubby's debt to credit ratio is very high...76%.  But, it's because they are using the balance of what's left on our car loan.  He only has a total of $800 in credit and is only using $4 of it so it's not that.  Why would a car loan reflect that way?

Message 26 of 44
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your daughter and the Navy.  My sis is Navy!  This is really good news!  When your daughter is active, have her join NFCU.  This CU is BK friendly and will more then likely extend you credit.  After you get your credit reports corrected, pursue membership with them!  Good Luck!  Be sure to check all your CRs for correctness.  Smiley Happy

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 27 of 44
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@laz98 wrote:

@fuzzybean wrote:

+1

Probably going to recommend USAA.

+1

Smiley Happy. That too- but I'm not too familiar with this lender and BK.  

Message 28 of 44
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your daughter and the Navy.  My sis is Navy!  This is really good news!  When your daughter is active, have her join NFCU.  This CU is BK friendly and will more then likely extend you credit.  After you get your credit reports corrected, pursue membership with them!  Good Luck!  Be sure to check all your CRs for correctness.  Smiley Happy

Thank you!  We're all actually eligible right now to join the NFCU and will be looking into it shortly.  We can't stand one of the banks we deal with and we're already considering switching.  This may be a good choice, but I need to get that pending fixed first.  I hope it doesn't take too long.

Message 29 of 44
calihlove75
Established Contributor

I think the only way around it is by joint accounts unless you live in a state (think its Wisconsin) that specifically states to include household. I think its a good law though. I got married at 17 and at the time my husband was the 'breadwinner' and I didn't have a job. When we separated 10 years later and he stopped paying the CCs, my credit took a dive. I'm 36 now and finally reestablished my credit and if I were to ever remarry, doubt I will, but if I did, I'm keeping everything separate. If that relationship goes sour, I am taking my own debt and he can keep his. No joint accounts for me ever again!!

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.