Frequent Contributor
fuzzybean

Re: Is it possible to get approved without a job?

Hubby and I each applied for a Walmart card on our own.  He got approved for $700 and I got approved for $300!  It's obvoiusly not a joint account, but who cares?  It's not much but it's a step in the door!  We noticed they didn't ask for an employer when hubby did it so I went ahead and tried it on my own.  I was shocked it was approved and I put my income down as $0.

Mega Contributor
LS2982

You put your income as 0 and they approved you??

Wow.....

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Frequent Contributor
fuzzybean

LS2982 wrote:
You put your income as 0 and they approved you??

Wow.....

I know!  It's crazy!  I figured if they didn't ask for an employer name or number, why not be 100% honest with income?  I figured if I was denied, I would just try again at another time and use half of hubby's income as mine.  At least I could claim we file taxes jointly and it wasn't a lie. 

Frequent Contributor
fuzzybean

Well, I guess the answer is yes.  Yesterday I was approved for a Walmart CC ($300 CL) and today a GAP CC ($200 CL).  It's not much, but I feel like I have my foot in the door now!  :smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}