cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have a bank remove a hard pull?

tag
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

Is it possible to have a bank remove a hard pull?

Applied online for the WF secured card. The app didn't work. So I went in branch and app'ed for it again, this time it worked.

However, the 1st non-working app resulted in a hard pull besides the working one. So now I have two HP's for one sucsesful application. 

Farm and Fleet $3,000 (AU) Paypal Extras MC $1,500
Barclay's Apple Visa $1,200 QVC Qcard $800
Amazon Store Card $600 Discover $500
Walmart MC $400 Victoria's Secret $350
Credit One $300 Fingerhut $200
TU Fico 626

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Is it possible to have a bank remove a hard pull?

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

Applied online for the WF secured card. The app didn't work. So I went in branch and app'ed for it again, this time it worked.

However, the 1st non-working app resulted in a hard pull besides the working one. So now I have two HP's for one sucsesful application. 

you can possibly try to dispute the duplicate... some systems allow you to dispute and since it's 2 from same bank on same report they will just delete it but i find most systems don't even let me dispute inq's anymore and good luck with anyone with any sense at wells fargo to remove the inq... I have talked to Exec office and that girl was as untrained as... i dunno.. terrible is all i have.

Message 2 of 4
Platinum
Frequent Contributor

Yes it is possible if you are lucky enough to get right person at Wells Fargo to handle it.

Message 3 of 4
enharu
Super Contributor

Call Wells Fargo.

Ask to be transfered to the credit bureau dispute department. Someone in that department can help you with this.

If you're calling during afterhours, a regular CSR can help you file a case, which the credit bureau dispute department can then review when they're back in office.

Usually WF is pretty nice about removing duplicate inquiries. It does take 2-8 weeks though.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.