Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it time for PenFed??

tag
creditchief
Regular Contributor

Is it time for PenFed??

I have been waiting for all the baddies to fall off and they now have. So I need some help folks. Am I ready for PenFed. My aaoa is 2yrs. on tu 747 fico,4yrs aaoa on eq.797 fico,newest acc. is 1.1yrs.,no inq. on any ficos.I do have 4 inqs on reg. report ,3 of which will fall off in Oct.(home fin. inqs).I am not military( brother,father was both deceased).util. is 1% on one cc,no other debt except mortgage. Am I Ready or do I need to wait??

Starting Score: 550-tu 550-eq
Current Score: 745-tu 777-eq (ex-736 lo)
Goal Score: 800-tu 800-eq

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it time for PenFed??

@creditchief wrote:

I have been waiting for all the baddies to fall off and they now have. So I need some help folks. Am I ready for PenFed. My aaoa is 2yrs. on tu 747 fico,4yrs aaoa on eq.797 fico,newest acc. is 1.1yrs.,no inq. on any ficos.I do have 4 inqs on reg. report ,3 of which will fall off in Oct.(home fin. inqs).I am not military( brother,father was both deceased).util. is 1% on one cc,no other debt except mortgage. Am I Ready or do I need to wait??

What PenFed products are you interested in?

Message 2 of 7
creditchief
Regular Contributor

Thanks LilMirth for the reply, I just want a good cc with rewards for gas and a decent credit line because my Sams card just sucker punched me and reduced my line to 124 dollars from 1500. My biggest card is a Kays for 7650 limit.My total lines are only just under 9000.

Starting Score: 550-tu 550-eq
Current Score: 745-tu 777-eq (ex-736 lo)
Goal Score: 800-tu 800-eq

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
jausanka
Frequent Contributor

@creditchief wrote:

4 year AAoA, 797 FICO, no inquiries on EQ.. Not sure what you could possibly hope to improve on that, other than waiting ten years to get your AAoA up?

Go for it.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree - you should go ahead.

They should not turn you away!

Ray

Message 5 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

@creditchief wrote:

Thanks LilMirth for the reply, I just want a good cc with rewards for gas and a decent credit line because my Sams card just sucker punched me and reduced my line to 124 dollars from 1500. My biggest card is a Kays for 7650 limit.My total lines are only just under 9000.

Doesn't sound like a sucker punch to me, more a flag for non usage...use card and ye shall be restored Smiley Happy

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

okay. so what happened

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.