Regular Contributor
Smerri1029

Is it time to Garden?

[ Edited ]

As of a year ago I barely had any credit. I had a Discover Card with a $1500 Limit and a Student Loan. Since then I have built my credit to the following

Student Loan: $2500 - Open since 2006 - Deferred due to the fact I am still in school

Discover Card: $3,000 Limit - Open since May 2008 - Use every couple months to keep it reporting, not my primary card

Credit Union Visa: $3,000 Limit - Open since June 2010 - Use every couple months to keep it reporting, not my primary card [Only reports to Experian]

Auto Loan: $20,000 - Open Since June 2010 - 5.99% - May be looking to refinance [Only reports to Experian]

American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card: No Pre-Set - Open since October 2010 - My primary card which I run everything through

Bank Americard Visa Signature: $10,000 Limit - Open since October 2010 - My secondary card (when AmEx is not accepted) - Since it's no pre-set technically, the CRA see this as a $4,000 limit since that's my high balance.

I have never carried a balance and PIF every month and have no negative information on my report.

Also, for Inquiries I have

Experian: 10 [6 of which were from 8/10 to 10/10 - Nothing since]

Equifax: 0

TU: 1

AAoA: 1 Year

Also, FWIW I an EX FAKO score (from American Express Credit Secure)

EX: 728 (FAKO)

EQ: 731 (FICO)

TU: 717 (FICO)

The only things I could see in my future are refinancing my auto loan, if I buy a motorcycle adding another installment loan, and I have considered the True Earnings Costco from American Express (if it would be worth it to add another line item/more available credit) but I have also heard it can look bad if you have to much available credit. Other than that I don't need any more credit cards and don't see a mortgage happening in CY2011. Also, at 5.99% is it worth keeping my current auto loan or should I consider refinancing (even if it's just to get to to report to all 3 agencies).

I am 23 years old with a full time job, still living at home, and basically just want to make sure I have a good foundation of credit, and want to make sure there is nothing else I need to do right now. Any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated (and if this isn't the ideal forum please more it to the best place).

Also I just pulled my FICO scores today so if there is any other info worth noting then let me know.

Thank You.

What's In My Wallet:American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card, American Express Costco True Earnings, Citi AA Visa, Chase Freedom
What's In My Sock Drawer: American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Card, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Citi AA AmEx, Chase United Mileage Plus Explorer Card, Barclays US Air, Discover More, Bank of America Accelerated Rewards AmEx, Citi Dividend Platinum Select, LEM FCU Visa, SME FCU Visa

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+