Established Contributor
cobaltnv

Re: Is it time yet?

nothingman02 wrote:

But if you do have a consistent 9% utilization, how can they close the card? I thought they would slash the CLI but I would still have the open card. If they close a card with a balance, its gonna mess my account up again. Dont they have to give me a chance to pay the card off and close it so that it atleast has a positive record?

Thanks for your informative post.

Credit card companies can close your card whenever they want for whatever reason they want.  Your account would still be a "positive record" as long as you continued to make payments and the ccc did not decide to CO the account.

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Regular Contributor
jahmal

Re: Is it time yet?

Nothing special about prime banks as they are the ones who are screwing with our accounts. I have Amex, HSBC,BoA,Citi and I refuse to use those cards because I am afraid of putting notice on myself for a CLD.

Starting Score: 8/2008 521
Current Score: 734
Highest Ever: 4/2009 759
Goal Score: 760+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}