cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it too early to product change: Amex BCE to BCP?

tag
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Re: Is it too early to product change: Amex BCE to BCP?

I seems ridiculous the gov. is restricting us from choosing a card that fits our needs the best. As good as the CARD Act might be, one thing is trying to protect customers and other is getting in their way and gently closing doors to better financial outcomes. As for amex's policies, I don't think they would care much about you pcing your cards within the first year. Anyways, congrats on the cl!! It's always nice to carry an amex.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 11 of 19
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@CruzImperial wrote:

I seems ridiculous the gov. is restricting us from choosing a card that fits our needs the best. As good as the CARD Act might be, one thing is trying to protect customers and other is getting in their way and gently closing doors to better financial outcomes. As for amex's policies, I don't think they would care much about you pcing your cards within the first year. Anyways, congrats on the cl!! It's always nice to carry an amex.

They are restricting it because sub-prime lenders were changing AF's and monthly fees anytime they felt like it and peope with little or no credit sense allowed it. Or had balances had no choice to pay it or destroy their credit. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 12 of 19
nissanaltimacrazyhorse
Established Member

trying to do the same thing just got an email back saying can't do it now but maybe after a year  which will be next month

chase sapphire preferred 5k
capital one venture 5k
amex blue cash preferred 2.5k
chase freedom 500
amex premier reward npsl

trans union 705 goal 750
equifax 675 goal 750

Message 13 of 19
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

I was approved with a 676 this past Monday so his approval is just fine LilNYC. Why does everyone assume FAKO scores here? Lol.
My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 14 of 19
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@CruzImperial wrote:

CARD Act is mostly good. What I really don't like is government limits over-draft auto enrollment (remember how there was one person whining about a $35 coffee?)

That essentially eliminated most free checking/savings account.

Message 15 of 19
ComputerWizMaster
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ahhhh crap oh well.... I guess I will use the PRG for a while and then product change in a year. I submitted 2 Amex apps already this month I won't be going for a third... Thanks for the help. The CARD act is stupid because I WANT the change to happen. I can understand a company initiating the change, but if I want the change initiated I should be allowed to. Gov't needs to take a step back a little and let the consumer do as they please, especially if it is putting more cash in my pocket!!!!

I would disagree with you. The CARD Act is right to do this in the manner it does because without a blanket ban lenders would find very crafty ways to coerce users into agreeing to fee increases. This is targeted at the sub-prime lenders who prey on the bad credit of their customers and their financial illiteracy. The easy lesson for us who are financially literate to learn is to apply for the card we want the first time and not to rely on product conversions.

Feb. 2012: TU: 677 EQ: 647 EX: 666
Aug. 2013: TU: 729 EQ: 726 EX: 697
Goal 2013+: 720+ All Three
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was expecting my CL to be low (less than 2k) considering I had no other revolver on my CR at the time. 2k is useless to me (I am used to my charge card), and I really didn't want to have the pay the card off multiple times just to use it. So, I didn't want to get stuck with a annual fee for the BCP, low limit, not being able to use it as much as I would have wanted and having to go through the trouble of PC'ing down to the BCE. Although, I have heard conflicting info from when I first activated that you can PC up to the BCP before a year. I'm going to give them a call again maybe Tuesday and see if I can. Maybe it just depends on who you get.

Message 17 of 19
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I think the card act was well needed.  Also as a side note you can't PC a chase card until 12 months have passed.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@webhopper wrote:

I think the card act was well needed.  Also as a side note you can't PC a chase card until 12 months have passed.

Crashem has spoken with a CSR that mentioned it is possible... so I am going to look into it.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.