Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it wise to get another CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it wise to get another CC

I would give the current card a year, get your scores up to at least good credit level (660 or better) then try for something relevant to your spending.
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disagree. Assuming he can pre-qual for a card like Chase Freedom or Cap One QS/Plat, he should add at least one now. Not only does it give him added flexibility, but it will likely improve his score faster than sticking with just one card.
Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check the pre qual sites!
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I think that it is worth getting another card. Before applying for a card, check the prequal sites and make sure it states that you have been prequalified to minimize rejection...(saved me a lot of time) Bank of America, Chase, CitiBank to name a few...Everyones credit profile is different so maybe you can post a bit more info here,  together with a list of the prequal results. 

I am sure that you will get a lot of helpful responses once that info is posted 

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Check the pre qual sites!

Make sure though that you don't just get excited at ANY prequal though, because Discover, to name one, is useless. Mickey Mouse is frequently prequalified. There's another biggie that's not good (I thought B of A, but maybe I'm wrong). Chase, Citi and Cap One are good. AmEx should be too. 

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been seeing citi or equals rejected as well as Amex. The only solid pre Ayala seem to be chase and cap 1.
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre quals not or equals. Damn spell check! 😉
Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex not Ayala!! 😡
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disagree.

The longer they have with a good history with the current card, the better the odds of getting what they want later.
Message 19 of 23
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Pway wrote:

Obtaining 3 credit cards are ideal to maximize fico points.  However, what does your profile look like?  Baddies, collections, scores, etc.  This will help us in steering you in the right direction of what cards to app for.

I wish people would stop claiming 3 cards is ideal. There is nothing magical about that number.

Often you need at least 3 credit lines if you are planning to get a morgage, but that is the only time anyone ever brings up the number 3, and even then no-one claims that 3 is an ideal number.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.