cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it worth it to get a Navy Flagship Visa?

tag
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Is it worth it to get a Navy Flagship Visa?

I want a no FTF card and I know I won't use it too much. I don't like the AF of Flagship, but its points doesn't expire like goRewards'. I cannot make up my mind which one to get: Flagship or goRewards?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: Is it worth it to get a Navy Flagship Visa?

I don't have the flagship, but I would avoid paying an annual fee (even if small) on a card that I don't plan on often using.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

after avoiding it for over a year then raving about it for the last 3 months, I'm coming to the table with my tail between my legs that it's not the best option! i misunderstood and THOUGHT i could trade in rewards towards any travel related charges (hotel, car rental, etc.) but no... I can buy airline tickets, can't use points towards airline tickets already bought... anything like gas cards, hotel cards, etc. don't equal more than 1% so that's silly... im over it!

we put Capital One Quicksilver in our wallet as our every day card now.

Message 3 of 6
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I will agree that the NFCU rewards are not that great.   I would get the GoRewards as a decent card with no ForEx and no other fees.  I would get it for a util boosting card, due to the higher than average credit limit, and a good card for taking advantage of NFCU's frequent 0% balance transfer options.   Then get a better rewards card from a different bank for actually collecting poitns, if rewards are what you are after.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 4 of 6
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

I just applied for goRewards MasterCard today and was approved for 1K, my lowest limit so far!

See my other post at:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Well-I-couldn-t-help/td-p/2418563

Message 5 of 6
GoRavens
Established Member

I'm pretty sure you can use your points towards airline tickets already bought.  They call it "book on your own" or something like that.  You book the flight and send them a secure message telling them about the purchase, they research it, and credit your points balance accordingly.  1 point = $0.01.  I do not believe you can do the same thing for hotel stays, car rentals, ect but maybe I'm wrong.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.