Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it worth it???

tag
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

Is it worth it???

Called boa to unsecure my card, they told me it would be a hard pull. Current scores are 727 TU, 708 EQ is it worth it to do a hard pull, really don't want to come below 700 again further more I already have a couple of inquiries.
CURRENT SCORES: EX Fico (Amex) 730, TU Fico 745, EQ Fico 717

CURRENT CARDS: Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE 2K, Chase Sapphire 5K, Citi Thankyou Preferred 3.5K, Discover It 1.7K, Walmart Discover 1.6K, Capital One Platinum 1.5K

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

Re: Is it worth it???

Depends on what you're trying to accomplish and your current credit profile.

Personally, I would leave it secured, and let it age and let your scores grow with that age until you decide to apply for unsecured cards. I wouldn't waste a HP on unsecuring a card.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 2 of 12
waihao0405
Established Member

ur credit score is good enough to get a credit card... so i think it is worth it or just apply for other credit card?

Message 3 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 12
bluedog1
Regular Contributor

Doesn't BofA automatically unsecure after a certain amount of time? If so I would wait for that to happen. I've also read you can add on 123 rewards to the secured card. Not sure if you've done that already.

Message 5 of 12
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

Yea turnpike, I think I am just going to let it age. I got the itch but going to try and resist and hopefully get above 750 in a couple of months by paying on time. As far as the cli I don't know if that was gonna be included in the hard pull
CURRENT SCORES: EX Fico (Amex) 730, TU Fico 745, EQ Fico 717

CURRENT CARDS: Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE 2K, Chase Sapphire 5K, Citi Thankyou Preferred 3.5K, Discover It 1.7K, Walmart Discover 1.6K, Capital One Platinum 1.5K

Message 6 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 12
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Just let it age and usually after a year, if you have been good with them and no baddies have recently affected your credit report you are most likely going to graduate to an unsecure card after reaching one year. Mine is set to graduate the first week of May (according to the CSR i spoke to). I almost did the same to take a HP to see if it unsecured but knowing that my scores had gotten better since i opened the card i went ahead and applied for the Better Balance MC and got approved. If you think your scores and reports have improved greatly since opening that card, try to apply for an unsecured card with them or another bank.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 8 of 12
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

Let it auto age into unsecured. Unless you really need your deposit back

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

In the garden since 4/22/13 | Hating on Capital One since '09
Message 9 of 12
distantarray
Established Contributor

@a3quit4s wrote:

Let it auto age into unsecured. Unless you really need your deposit back

^ this unless you need your money NOW! Smiley Tongue

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.