cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it worth it?

Is it worth it?

I called orchard to see If they would drop my $59 annual fee ans was told no due to the contract I signed for the 59 a year fee. They then told me for a one time of $15 they would be able to raise my credit limit starting now $100 every 3-4 months. Is it worth keeping the card and getting an increase every 3-4 months or would it be best to just cancel the card after I pay it off since my limit is only 300. I have 4 other credit cards and all credit scores are in the low 600's. Rob L
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is it worth it?

If your TU score is in the low 600's I would apply for one of the Juniper/Barclay's bank cards. No less then a $1750 CL and no annual fees. The APR is a little high at 21% but the customer service is top notch and they are prime cards.
Message 2 of 3
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is it worth it?

chartley3 wrote:
If your TU score is in the low 600's I would apply for one of the Juniper/Barclay's bank cards. No less then a $1750 CL and no annual fees. The APR is a little high at 21% but the customer service is top notch and they are prime cards.

Juniper is about as prime as their 21% APR! I received 2 Juny cards last month with 1K CLs each - I canceled them right after they denied CLI on activation and refused to combine them. Before you consider giving one penny to Orchard for a CLI, I'd take a look at the BofA thread about the pre-approval offers. Often if you don't qualify for one of their regular cards you may be offered a partially secured card which is their 99/500 card. The good thing about this card is that it IS from a prime CCC and with a good payment history they will likely completely unsecure it and lose any AF.

It all comes down to what your scores look like...
Message 3 of 3