renegaderob18

Is it worth it?

I called orchard to see If they would drop my $59 annual fee ans was told no due to the contract I signed for the 59 a year fee. They then told me for a one time of $15 they would be able to raise my credit limit starting now $100 every 3-4 months. Is it worth keeping the card and getting an increase every 3-4 months or would it be best to just cancel the card after I pay it off since my limit is only 300. I have 4 other credit cards and all credit scores are in the low 600's. Rob L
Frequent Contributor
chartley3

Re: Is it worth it?

If your TU score is in the low 600's I would apply for one of the Juniper/Barclay's bank cards. No less then a $1750 CL and no annual fees. The APR is a little high at 21% but the customer service is top notch and they are prime cards.
Frequent Contributor
db23

Re: Is it worth it?

chartley3 wrote:
If your TU score is in the low 600's I would apply for one of the Juniper/Barclay's bank cards. No less then a $1750 CL and no annual fees. The APR is a little high at 21% but the customer service is top notch and they are prime cards.

Juniper is about as prime as their 21% APR! I received 2 Juny cards last month with 1K CLs each - I canceled them right after they denied CLI on activation and refused to combine them. Before you consider giving one penny to Orchard for a CLI, I'd take a look at the BofA thread about the pre-approval offers. Often if you don't qualify for one of their regular cards you may be offered a partially secured card which is their 99/500 card. The good thing about this card is that it IS from a prime CCC and with a good payment history they will likely completely unsecure it and lose any AF.

It all comes down to what your scores look like...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}