cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it worth opening a checking account with Chase/BofA to get the10% annual bonus?

tag
fot1
Established Contributor

Re: Is it worth opening a checking account with Chase/BofA to get the10% annual bonus?

I had BOA checking and dropped it to go to Chase... So much happier.. BOA was just far too fee driven for me.

Too many to list..
Message 21 of 22
stevenngu92
Contributor

Re: Is it worth opening a checking account with Chase/BofA to get the10% annual bonus?

fwiw i closed my chase checking ever since they did not allow in bank deposits to another chase account sometime this year (family and friends couldn't deposit money into my account and vice versa). They told me to use chase quickpay, but i can't get comfortable with sending and receiving money through an email address and it seems very inconvenient. The 10 cents per swipe with the freedom was nice while it lasted, and i would open a chase checking again because imo it is worth the 10% annual bonus if i had a csp. The interface is very outdated compared to other banks and sometimes i spend too much time looking for how to cancel checks and other things.

Sorry for the rant. You should probably open the checking account for the 10% annual bonus it'll be worth it, assuming you get the checking fee waived. I have no experience with BofA checking, but if you hate it you should close it. Keep in mind though that if you close the BofA checking you might have to update your bank info in order to pay your credit cards which is a hassle if you have a bunch.

Amazon Store Card ($6000) Amex BCE ($10000) Amex PRG (NPSL) BofA Better Balance Rewards ($3000) Best Buy Store Card ($5000) Chase Freedom ($2500) Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7900) Citi Prestige ($5000) Discover It ($10500) Walmart Discover ($6000) Wells Fargo CB ($4700)
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.