Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my cousins credit ruined ?!

tag
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Is my cousins credit ruined ?!

@wche wrote:

Yes, simply dispute with CRAs. Once they remove the account, his credit score will jump right back up. Credit score does not "remember" utilization rate, so once the two accounts are removed, his score will only reflect his own accounts.

His scores are not going to jump right up - he has maxed out his cards at 80%. He needs to pay down the cards before the statement cuts to get back to a lower utilization. See my post above.

Message 11 of 15
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Him using 80% of his credit is possibly a contibuting factor for his loss...IF he pays in full AFTER his statement cuts.
Message 12 of 15
wche
Regular Contributor

Whoops, did not see the last part of OP's post. Yes, he needs to pay down his current balances to see any score increase!

Message 13 of 15
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

Jeastyle86 wrote:
Because his credit score wentdown 100 points

He can dispute the AU accounts with eah of the CRA's as others have posted. Its better he does this to make sure the accts are removed from his report. Once they are gone, your credit report does not remember removed accts. Only what is showing up on the report at that time...so his score should increase again.

Will it go up to 720 again? Most likely now because of his util. But he should see a score improvement with the almost maxed out AU acct gone.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Report that thang asap

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.