Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my income holding me back?

tag
Dreamwalker
New Contributor

Re: Is my income holding me back?

I've had my Chase card since March, my Discover since February, Walmart and Amazon Store Card since May.

Now that I've looked at it, I probably have to wait one more billing period before I can get CLIs on those cards. My AAoA will be six months next month, when I thought a small app spree was a good idea.

The REI Visa card is giving a $100 gift card after first purchase until 9/30, and I've poked around at threads, and it seems like US Bank doesn't mind PCing affiliate cards. I was thinking that I could hold on to it for awhile and PC to a Cash+ (even if it's nerfed). I've had the Freedom recommended to me before on this forum, and the $100 cashback bonus doesn't hurt, but it's obviously lower priority.

Right now I get Discover's rotating rewards, and the Chase Amazon gives me 2% back on Gas and Restaurants.

Walmart Store Card: $600 & Amazon Store Card: $1200
Amazon.com Visa: $500 & Chase Freedom: $3000
US Bank REI Visa Signature: $5500
Discover It: $100

TU-654 [03/18/2014]
Message 11 of 13
Dreamwalker
New Contributor

Any more thoughts on this? Sounds like income won't be an issue.

Walmart Store Card: $600 & Amazon Store Card: $1200
Amazon.com Visa: $500 & Chase Freedom: $3000
US Bank REI Visa Signature: $5500
Discover It: $100

TU-654 [03/18/2014]
Message 12 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

It depends on the lender. You have about 3k CL right now with 20k income. Some lenders may feel that you have enough credit extended to you for your income level and credit history, so they may decline you for a CLI or credit app.

Wait till the letters come in the mail and look at the reason for the decline.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.