cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my profile ready for a try with AMEX?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is my profile ready for a try with AMEX?

I was approved with roughly a 635 EX (Green Card). Recent repo and late payments from mortgage 20 months prior. Ymmv but I think you'll be okay.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Never burned them.

From what I see is the AMEX can grow nicely. It's not needing status or prestige for me.

If you have never burn them then you have a shot.  You will never know until you apply.  Report back with results should you take the plunge.

Message 12 of 15
Focused10
Established Contributor

I think you have a good shot. Try for the BCE. Let us know.

;;;
BCE: $2K | Amazon: $5K | BBVAmex: $7.5K | AAdvntge: $8.5K | AMEX: $30K | Frdm: $10K | Citi: $6.2K | FNB: $10K | NASA: $25K | CapOne QS: $10K | Chase Marriott: $12K ~ Garden 3.2.16
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it was just the BK or just the other derogs, I'd day it was possible. But I think the combination of multiple bad entries and the low score would result in a denial.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does it have to be strickly Amex or would a partner card do?  I applied for the BBVA Amex with an Experian score less than yours and was approved.  I then went on the next day and applied for ED and BCE, although there was a 5 day wait on approval for the BCE after being approved for the ED.  When I applied, I had a collection from Verizon that had recently fell off; I could not get Verizon to negotiate a settlement on a balance on an account I got for someone else that they allowed them to purchase equipment without my consent as I was the only one on the account and that person bailed on me (won't be a nice guy again).  When do your derogs fall off?  I know that until Verizon fell off, nobody but Cap 1 and USAA would touch me.  I got Amazon and Walmart and chatted my low limits up to $5K a piece.  I started at 583 last August when I got the loan for my truck and rebuilder cards have helped.   Good luck.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.