Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the 2cent MR value reliable?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the 2cent MR value reliable?

Hi all,

I've gotten my bonus for my PRG and am before the one year mark going to need to find a new grocery cards. Because of AMEX's backdating I figure I'd go for either the Everyday, BCE, or BCP before closing the PRG. People here seem to think 2 cents is the value for an MR point. Is that what I should use the weigh the MR and cash back cards? Or is 2 cents what you CAN get but only with a fair amount of effort? If 2 cents is the real value then it seems that would give it the best signup value of the three at ~$200 and the rewards value on grocerys would be pretty comparable to the BCP for me once you factor in the AF of the BCP (I spend ~350/mo on groceries). The everyday would also not rush me to spend my current ~60,000 MR points before closing the account. Any thoughts? I've never handled MR points before.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Is the 2cent MR value reliable?

2 cents per MR (or more) is achieved via transfer to partners.  So this is reliable IF:

1) there is a partner you would use

2) you are willing to be flexible with dates when award travel or stay is available

3) and the price/redemption rate is right for those flights or stays

Message 2 of 3
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Is the 2cent MR value reliable?

I think the value is slightly below 2 cents, maybe closer to 1.8 cents per point. The end value really is determined on how you use the points. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.