Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the CSP still worth it?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is the CSP still worth it?

Yes, that's why I said statement calendar year.

I made it to the cutoff, unfortunately the wife did not and left $80 on the table. It's alright though. She'll get them back on the RC travel credit. Smiley Very Happy
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll likely never have a CSP bonus again due to 5/24.

I only squeaked by on the CSR due to the leaked link to which 5/24 didn't apply to.
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I personally don't think either makes sense for you. If You don't travel then don't get a travel card. I'd get really good cash back cards instead. The perks and spend bonuses that come with the CSR and its $450 AF only make sense if you travel. The 3X travel doesn't matter. The lounge access, hotel perks, travel credit...it will be a waste of credit card spend for you. You can get 3X dining on a no AF card plus 5 or even 6% cash back with cards that you will use for what you already spend on. Just my 2 cents.
Message 13 of 17
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@degs138 wrote:

I'm still bummed the CSR came out 8 months after I got the CSP.  I want the CSR as I will easily use the 300 every year and the 50% bonus on miles is huge.  Since the card ends up being 150 dollars and all of the lounges it has avaliable, its worth it.  I have been flying almost exclusivly delta lately so I may opt for an AMEX instead but I'll have to run the numbers and see where I save the most money.

Which Amex are you thinking about?  Unless you're going for the MQD waiver or have one of the higher Delta Amex's for the MQM bonus, the CSR out earns them.  

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thejoshuatree

I do travel like 1-2x per year now but will probably increase soon. I am hoping to pair the CSR/CSR with a Fresdom or so.
Message 15 of 17
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes, that's why I said statement calendar year.

I made it to the cutoff, unfortunately the wife did not and left $80 on the table. It's alright though. She'll get them back on the RC travel credit. Smiley Very Happy

Sorry, I know you do. I just wanted to make it clear to other people that may not know that.

Message 16 of 17
kidink1911
Established Contributor

I love the CSP! It is definitely worth it!

I traveled to Puerto Rico, Memphis, and Atlanta in the past two months after getting the CSP- the points add up quickly and is the best travel card.

Chase Sapphire Preferred- BOA Travel Rewards- Barclay JetBlue MC-

Barclay Apple Rewards- Synchrony WalMart MC- Cap One QS MC- BP Gas

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.