Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Cap One Venture....

tag
SEBanker
Valued Member

Is the Cap One Venture....

metal?  How does it stack up to the QS ?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is the Cap One Venture....

@SEBanker wrote:

Not metal. Comes with better limits than QS in general.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SEBanker wrote:

I think we are all getting spolied with this metal card thing LOLSmiley Tongue  Ummm.. Venture is plastico...

Message 3 of 8
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Not metal - Venture ONE is similar to QS, Venture offers more but with an AF - in general I don't personally app for cards with annual fees - exception was Diner's Club MC for various good reasons.

Message 4 of 8
Open123
Super Contributor

@SEBanker wrote:

It's marginally better if you spend greater than $10K to offest the annual fee.  Regardless, unless you need a non-FTF, the no fee Fid Amex and/or Citi 2% are both better than the Venture or QS, except for the latters unrestricted redemptions.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just recently got mine in the mail. No, it isn't metal. But, it's still a really nice looking card. And, it doesn't feel cheap to me, by any means. It's got a nice dark blue sheen, with the stamps and what not in like... a dark reddish sheen. And, the Visa Sig part is raised with a glossy white. It's pretty. Smiley Happy

I'd say the annual  fee for the Venture is worth, considering there's very few cards with as generous of a rewards structure. I've had the card 2 weeks? And, I put a hotel on it. Already have 1,100 miles on it. So... Love the card so far.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not metal, but I have to admit, I was momentarily fooled when my card arrived in the mail.  It looked so much like the CSP - the deep dark blue, no raised numbers on the front, just cardholder name etched in the front like the CSP.  It is quite a handsome plastic card.

Chris.

Message 7 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Isn't there an orange version too?  Seems like I've seen something to that nature.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.