cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Capital One credit score they put on your statements the real one?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the Capital One credit score they put on your statements the real one?

I recieved my first statement from Captial One with my Experian credit score on it. Is this my real score? I know you can't get your Experian score for myFico. So I have no idea what my real score is, but I doubt my TransUnion and Equifax scores are in the 630's and my Experian is 572. Hopefully....

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is the Capital One credit score they put on your statements the real one?

In the letter you received, does it say FICO anywhere when referencing your score?

Message 2 of 14
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I don't think it is a FICO. What is is min/max scoring range listed with the score ??
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizzadude wrote:
I don't think it is a FICO. What is is min/max scoring range listed with the score ??

Good point.

If it shows a scoring range and if it's not 300-850 it's not a FICO.

Message 4 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I recieved my first statement from Captial One with my Experian credit score on it. Is this my real score? I know you can't get your Experian score for myFico. So I have no idea what my real score is, but I doubt my TransUnion and Equifax scores are in the 630's and my Experian is 572. Hopefully....

If it does not say FICO anywhere in the credit score paragragh it "could" be a in-house score. I'm not sure how Cap1 does that, you may want to give them a call and see.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

So this is on your CC statement, right, not a letter declining you or whatever?

Which Cap One card is it?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

No it's not a letter. It's a terms and agreements letter with important disclosures. And it doesn't say FICO anywhere and it says range from 325 to 850. It's kind of a double edged sword at this point. The only reason I applied for the Captial One card is because they give you your credit score. So if this one is not real, then it's not helpful. And now I hope it's not real! 

Message 7 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No it's not a letter. It's a terms and agreements letter with important disclosures. And it doesn't say FICO anywhere and it says range from 325 to 850. It's kind of a double edged sword at this point. The only reason I applied for the Captial One card is because they give you your credit score. So if this one is not real, then it's not helpful. And now I hope it's not real! 

It's an in-house score.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

325-850 is not a FICO, so no, it's not your real EX FICO.

ETA: Welcome to the ForumsSmiley Happy

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay good! That scared me for a second. I've been rebuilding my credit and that score was lower than when I started! Where can i get my real Experian score?

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.