Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Citi Premier a World Elite card?

tag
PDXoriginal
Regular Contributor

Is the Citi Premier a World Elite card?

Recently upgraded my Thank You Pref to a Premier, my Pref was a World Mastercard, but the Premier came as a World Elite. The card number stayed the same which is why I am concerned, the World Elite site asks for the first 6 digits of your card to access some areas, but is telling me my first 6 do not qualify. Is the Premier a World Elite card with the same card number as before how would I access World Elite benefits without the first 6 digits being recognized?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is the Citi Premier a World Elite card?

Current Citi TY Premier cards are issued as WEMC, AFAIK.  These have also been previously issued in Visa Signature and AmEx network versions as well.  With regard to the WEMC site, not all WEMC-issued cards (from a variety of lenders and regardless of the lovely silver balls) participate in some of the additional benefits or programs offered through the site.  You may want to call the number listed on the site (since it can be quirky sometimes) to confirm whether your TYP WEMC is eligible to access the WEMC "extra" perks.

Message 2 of 3
noobody
Established Contributor

Re: Is the Citi Premier a World Elite card?

I would call citi and get a replacement card with new number.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.