Frequent Contributor

Re: Is the Forward card a good option for me?

SnackTrader wrote:

armbenderc wrote:

Don't forget the Citi Dividend Platinum Select. It's similar to the freedom with cash back and rotating 5%

I didn't know about this card - it doesn't get much mention on this site.

When will the 2013 categories be announced?  Are there ever gas or restaurant categories?

For 2011:

First Quarter (Jan 1st thru March 31st): 5% for health care, drugstores, and fitness
Second Quarter (April 1st thru June 30th): 5% for home improvement, garden, and home furnishings
Third Quarter (July 1st thru Sept 30st): 5% for vehicle rentals, airlines, and hotels
Fourth Quarter (Oct 1st thru Dec 31st): 5% for department stores, clothing stores, toy stores, electronics stores

For 2012:

First Quarter: 5% on utilities, health clubs, and fitness clubs
Second Quarter: 5% at The Home Depot and on home furnishing and home & garden purchases
Third Quarter: 5% on airlines, car rentals, Old Navy, Gap, and Banana Republic

Fourth Quarter: Macy's, Electronics, and Toy Stores

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards
FICO: TU 795 Last App: November 2012
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Is the Forward card a good option for me?

sakhalin070 wrote:

SnackTrader wrote:

armbenderc wrote:

Don't forget the Citi Dividend Platinum Select. It's similar to the freedom with cash back and rotating 5%

I didn't know about this card - it doesn't get much mention on this site.

When will the 2013 categories be announced?  Are there ever gas or restaurant categories?

For 2011:

First Quarter (Jan 1st thru March 31st): 5% for health care, drugstores, and fitness
Second Quarter (April 1st thru June 30th): 5% for home improvement, garden, and home furnishings
Third Quarter (July 1st thru Sept 30st): 5% for vehicle rentals, airlines, and hotels
Fourth Quarter (Oct 1st thru Dec 31st): 5% for department stores, clothing stores, toy stores, electronics stores

For 2012:

First Quarter: 5% on utilities, health clubs, and fitness clubs
Second Quarter: 5% at The Home Depot and on home furnishing and home & garden purchases
Third Quarter: 5% on airlines, car rentals, Old Navy, Gap, and Banana Republic

Fourth Quarter: Macy's, Electronics, and Toy Stores

Thank you so much for recapping these categories! 

Honestly though, I don't think this card would add a lot of value over and above that of the Chase Freedom or Discover (which I plan to apply for in 2013 or 2014).

I guess I will give Forward my best shot next year.  No one seems to think I might be declined - that's probably a good sign.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $32,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Forward (12/12) $9,600, Citi Thank You Premier (6/15) $6,800

Last App: June 27, 2015
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.