Frequent Contributor
sakhalin070

Re: Is the Forward card a good option for me?

SnackTrader wrote:

armbenderc wrote:

Don't forget the Citi Dividend Platinum Select. It's similar to the freedom with cash back and rotating 5%

I didn't know about this card - it doesn't get much mention on this site.

When will the 2013 categories be announced?  Are there ever gas or restaurant categories?

For 2011:

First Quarter (Jan 1st thru March 31st): 5% for health care, drugstores, and fitness
Second Quarter (April 1st thru June 30th): 5% for home improvement, garden, and home furnishings
Third Quarter (July 1st thru Sept 30st): 5% for vehicle rentals, airlines, and hotels
Fourth Quarter (Oct 1st thru Dec 31st): 5% for department stores, clothing stores, toy stores, electronics stores

For 2012:

First Quarter: 5% on utilities, health clubs, and fitness clubs
Second Quarter: 5% at The Home Depot and on home furnishing and home & garden purchases
Third Quarter: 5% on airlines, car rentals, Old Navy, Gap, and Banana Republic

Fourth Quarter: Macy's, Electronics, and Toy Stores

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards
FICO: TU 781 EX 776 Last App: November 2012
Valued Contributor
SnackTrader

Re: Is the Forward card a good option for me?

sakhalin070 wrote:

SnackTrader wrote:

armbenderc wrote:

Don't forget the Citi Dividend Platinum Select. It's similar to the freedom with cash back and rotating 5%

I didn't know about this card - it doesn't get much mention on this site.

When will the 2013 categories be announced?  Are there ever gas or restaurant categories?

For 2011:

First Quarter (Jan 1st thru March 31st): 5% for health care, drugstores, and fitness
Second Quarter (April 1st thru June 30th): 5% for home improvement, garden, and home furnishings
Third Quarter (July 1st thru Sept 30st): 5% for vehicle rentals, airlines, and hotels
Fourth Quarter (Oct 1st thru Dec 31st): 5% for department stores, clothing stores, toy stores, electronics stores

For 2012:

First Quarter: 5% on utilities, health clubs, and fitness clubs
Second Quarter: 5% at The Home Depot and on home furnishing and home & garden purchases
Third Quarter: 5% on airlines, car rentals, Old Navy, Gap, and Banana Republic

Fourth Quarter: Macy's, Electronics, and Toy Stores

Thank you so much for recapping these categories! 

Honestly though, I don't think this card would add a lot of value over and above that of the Chase Freedom or Discover (which I plan to apply for in 2013 or 2014).

I guess I will give Forward my best shot next year.  No one seems to think I might be declined - that's probably a good sign.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $22.200, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Chase CSP (4/14) $12,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Forward (12/12) $9,600, Chase Freedom (12/12) $5,000

Last App: April 2, 2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}