cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Thank You Preferred a Signature card?

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Is the Thank You Preferred a Signature card?

Meaning it doesnt report the CL?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is the Thank You Preferred a Signature card?

My Citi Hilton HHonors card is a Visa Sig with a $11,000 limit and it reports the limit.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 2 of 5
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I believe Citi reports a little differently...like they will report the limit but in the way it's coded, it won't be counted towards utilization.

Anyone, feel free to correct me on this.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 3 of 5
bribro
Valued Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

I believe Citi reports a little differently...like they will report the limit but in the way it's coded, it won't be counted towards utilization.

My Citi Dividend World MC is a NPSL card like Visa Signature, and Citi still reports my "limit." Some NPSL cards don't report a limit, but rather your highest balance, thus hurting your credit score. This doesn't appear to be the case with Citi.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 4 of 5
CS800
Super Contributor

@bribro wrote:

@injustifiiable wrote:

My Citi Dividend World MC is a NPSL card like Visa Signature, and Citi still reports my "limit." Some NPSL cards don't report a limit, but rather your highest balance, thus hurting your credit score. This doesn't appear to be the case with Citi.

Thanks for the heads up.

I have been getting the diamond and the thank you preferred in the mail with codes twice a week. They both offering 18 months 0%. I would love to take advantage of that since I have about $4500 right now at 16% APR

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.