Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a cash back rewards card...

tag
WD
Valued Member

Is there a cash back rewards card...

...I could qualify with scores in the 670 range?  I'm guessing the answer is no, but figured I ask.

Preferably, I would like at least a $1,000 limit, but $500 would work.  Thanks to this site, I have dramatically improved my score (was high 500s) and would like to get away from the two cards I have now (Orchard and Credit One).

Thanks all.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ALP
New Contributor

Re: Is there a cash back rewards card...

Capital One has a cash rewards card for fair credit.  You could go to their site and try for a prequalification to see if they offer the card for ya.  I started out with a 500 limit and I'm in the credit steps program, 750 after 3 months.  Waiting on my 2nd cli next month.   I have earned 50ish dollars so far since Feb. 

Starting Score: 610
Current Score: 676
TU: 678
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 5
WD
Valued Member

Thanks for the info.

My wife has a Capital One card... Anyone know if it's possible to have them switch her to a Cash Back card (her current card doesn't have any rewards, but a good limit)?

Message 3 of 5
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Just give Cap1 a call. I was able to switch my non rewards card to a rewards card.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

HSBC and Cap1. Also check with your local CU as some of them offer such things as well. 670 isnt too bad, you should be able to get a card.

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.