THANK YOU, beamMeup! 

Yea sure, ya betcha! 

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there a detox for apping?

Yea sure, ya betcha! 

Which reminds me of a joke.

So, if a Palestinian and a Swede (I'm pretty much Swedish, genealogically speaking, so I hope I can tell this...) get married,

what do they name their first son?

Yassir Yabetcha Smiley Very Happy !!!!

Sorry, couldn't help myself......

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@marty56 wrote:

You should pull your scores.  That would force home the idea of just saying no to so many credit apps.

+1

And pull them from myfico.com/12 so you can see the same info your lenders can see.  That's eye-opening Smiley Surprised

jdsays: But I do think this forum makes me want to apply for things I dont need once I see someone else got approved....I have no will power. 

Yep - it's contagious!!!  I keep a running list of cards I might want to app for next year (just in case I forget about a nifty card that I might absolutely have to have)!!  Then, next year, I'll go over my list and maybe, MAYBE, pick a card - or two.

Message Edited by beamMEup on 10-22-2009 03:42 PM

Thank you, from me too, for the note about myfico/12 ...  is this link publically, officially, advertised elsewhere on the site?   do you (or others) know of any other 'special' myfico links?

Also, that's a good idea about writing things down, then when ready going over the list.  It's good to be reminded of specials and 'oddballs' (as creditboards calls them) one saw before; but it's also a relief to realize a 'gotta die for' special isn't all that after all.

Message 23 of 24
honeybunnygal
Regular Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

All I have to do is remind myself how irresponsible I once was with CC debt and that stops me in my tracks!!!!  Smiley Happy  Five years and counting since my last application.

(myfico)
7/09 TU-742 EQ- 779
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802

CC interest free as of 8/09
Time can heal all wounds and a low FICO.
"Hello my name is Sandy and I'm a recovering crediholic".

WOW marinevietvet...you're my hero for both your service AND your willpower!

Hard work & patience can go a long way!
8/2009 (myFICO): TU - 599, EQ - 656
7/23/2010 (LO pull): TU - 738, EQ - 801, EX - 785
4/12/2012 (myFICO): TU -778, EQ - 791
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.