Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup

Re: Is there a detox for apping?

Uborrow-Upay wrote:

THANK YOU, beamMeup! 

Yea sure, ya betcha! 

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup

Yea sure, ya betcha! 

Which reminds me of a joke.

So, if a Palestinian and a Swede (I'm pretty much Swedish, genealogically speaking, so I hope I can tell this...) get married,

what do they name their first son?

Yassir Yabetcha :smileyvery-happy: !!!!

Sorry, couldn't help myself......

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Regular Contributor
Nonaii

beamMEup wrote:

marty56 wrote:

You should pull your scores.  That would force home the idea of just saying no to so many credit apps.

+1

And pull them from myfico.com/12 so you can see the same info your lenders can see.  That's eye-opening :smileysurprised:

jdsays: But I do think this forum makes me want to apply for things I dont need once I see someone else got approved....I have no will power. 

Yep - it's contagious!!!  I keep a running list of cards I might want to app for next year (just in case I forget about a nifty card that I might absolutely have to have)!!  Then, next year, I'll go over my list and maybe, MAYBE, pick a card - or two.

Message Edited by beamMEup on 10-22-2009 03:42 PM

Thank you, from me too, for the note about myfico/12 ...  is this link publically, officially, advertised elsewhere on the site?   do you (or others) know of any other 'special' myfico links?

Also, that's a good idea about writing things down, then when ready going over the list.  It's good to be reminded of specials and 'oddballs' (as creditboards calls them) one saw before; but it's also a relief to realize a 'gotta die for' special isn't all that after all.

Regular Contributor
honeybunnygal

marinevietvet wrote:

All I have to do is remind myself how irresponsible I once was with CC debt and that stops me in my tracks!!!!  :smileyhappy:  Five years and counting since my last application.

(myfico)
7/09 TU-742 EQ- 779
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802

CC interest free as of 8/09
Time can heal all wounds and a low FICO.
"Hello my name is Sandy and I'm a recovering crediholic".

WOW marinevietvet...you're my hero for both your service AND your willpower!

Hard work & patience can go a long way!
8/2009 (myFICO): TU - 599, EQ - 656
7/23/2010 (LO pull): TU - 738, EQ - 801, EX - 785
4/12/2012 (myFICO): TU -778, EQ - 791

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}