cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a difference between Best Buy Visa Platinum card and the Best Buy Visa Gold

tag
Mzjedwards1
Valued Member

Is there a difference between Best Buy Visa Platinum card and the Best Buy Visa Gold

I recently was approved for a Best Buy Visa Card through Citibank. I know I have the card without the annual fee. Which card is better? Does anyone know or have any experience with either card? Im just excited that Citibank opened the door to me finally!

Garden Club Member" width="40" height="40" align="right">
Credit One Platinum $450 / Capital One Platinum: $500 / Wells Fargo Platinum: $300 /Kohls $300/ Fingerhut $500/ Total Visa $300/ Express $250/Quicksilver 500/Best Buy Visa 2000
621 Exp/675 TU/ 624 EQ.....Gardening until.........2018??
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Is there a difference between Best Buy Visa Platinum card and the Best Buy Visa Gold

No idea mine started out as a mc then they switched to Visa where it is today though as a Visa siggy. Most times those differences are slight and the majority of us never use them. Congrats on your new VisaSmiley Happy I love how they offer you the choice between a Visa or the store cardSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there a difference between Best Buy Visa Platinum card and the Best Buy Visa Gold

I don't believe they refer to them by the "Platinum" or "Gold" monikers.  My understanding is that there is only a Best Buy store card and the Best Buy Visa.  I also don't recall there being one that has an annual fee.  Where are you seeing Gold/Platinum/AF information?

Message 3 of 4
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Mzjedwards1 wrote:

I recently was approved for a Best Buy Visa Card through Citibank. I know I have the card without the annual fee. Which card is better? Does anyone know or have any experience with either card? Im just excited that Citibank opened the door to me finally!

Was a former employee. Visa Gold are border line approvals and usually on come with 500 dollar limits and annual fees. Platinum and Signature Visas are the ones to get if you get approved. 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.