cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a guide for Capital One [QuickSilver] CLI guide?

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Is there a guide for Capital One [QuickSilver] CLI guide?

@OmarGB9 wrote:
When I've hit the luv button and gotten a two day message, it has always resulted in a denial so far.

+1

Same for me.

Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Man-Of-Steel wrote:

In my experience, the 2 day message represents a denial.  If so, the online document will provide detail explaining why the request was denied.  I've received reasons such as "account is too new", "account has recently received an increase", and "credit score is too low".  I've received several approvals and they have all been instant.  When they are instant, you will be presented with options.  This might be a YMMV type of thing, but I believe I've read where other folks have had the same type of experience.

If it's a denial, is there a certain amount of time I need to wait before I try again? I might've tried too early. My 2nd statement cut and I asked for the CLI right away before the 2nd payment would even be posted.

Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems that capital one likes CLI requests at after 3rd cut or 6 months.
Message 23 of 30
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Man-Of-Steel wrote:

In my experience, the 2 day message represents a denial.  If so, the online document will provide detail explaining why the request was denied.  I've received reasons such as "account is too new", "account has recently received an increase", and "credit score is too low".  I've received several approvals and they have all been instant.  When they are instant, you will be presented with options.  This might be a YMMV type of thing, but I believe I've read where other folks have had the same type of experience.

If it's a denial, is there a certain amount of time I need to wait before I try again? I might've tried too early. My 2nd statement cut and I asked for the CLI right away before the 2nd payment would even be posted.

There's no indication that hitting the button too soon resets anything, so if it were me I would give it another try after the third statement... that's when I got a $2k CLI on my Quicksilver.

Good luck!

Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
It seems that capital one likes CLI requests at after 3rd cut or 6 months.

If it's Quicksilver, Venture usually after you complete your credit steps which is around the 5th billing cycle. Then hit the luv button in 6 months.

Continue to make big payments on the card and Cap 1 will take care of you.

Message 25 of 30
jeffery581
Established Contributor

There really is no rule for cli for CO. Just ask for "special offers and upgrades" on your card every so often.  ime.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 26 of 30
jeffery581
Established Contributor

re: 

You can ask for a CLI anytime you want without a HP inquiry on your credit report.

I would spend several thousands and pay off several thousands before worrying about it.

I have received CLI for $500 (3000 to 3500 in steps program) 

I have received CLI for $750 (10,000 to 10,750 on card not used much)

I have received CLI for $3,000 (10,000 ti 13,000 on card used a lot.)

and I even went from $3,500 to $12,500 in one shot on my oldest card.

Point is --- use the card for everything.  Pay the card off weekly or bi weekly.  Show them you dont need to carry a balance but you need to have more room to charge large purchases.

BTW - You can have up to 5 accounts.  I have been denied CLIs (I ask all the time) and then just opened another 10k Siggy Visa the same day.

No, it does not make sense.

You can show them what ever you want to, it doesnt matter, they will do what they are going to do. heavy usage got me nowhere.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 27 of 30
jeffery581
Established Contributor

2nd statement is to soon. I bet it says insufficient experience at your current level. Let it age a little.If you are going to get a cli it will say so right away. 1.5% cash back sint to bad. Let it age and they will be good to you. Have been with me Smiley Very Happy

Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all for clarifying! My only experience has been 2 day (too soon), so it is normal to me. Smiley Happy

I learned something new!
Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

To update, I got a denial. I'll try again after the next statement.

Your Capital One account is too new

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.