cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a "shopping cart trick" for Walmart too?

tag
diabla
Regular Contributor

Is there a "shopping cart trick" for Walmart too?

I've read some people say that they logged into Walmart and had pre-approved offers pop up, so I'm wondering if this is one of those soft-pull shopping cart tricks that has worked for many people?  Or is it better to just apply directly?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Is there a "shopping cart trick" for Walmart too?

I have heard that Walmart its best to apply in store

Message 2 of 7
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

I read that wallmart used to have pop up pre-approvals also. However, this was some time ago,  I've not heard anyone mention it recently.

Message 3 of 7
distantarray
Established Contributor

@diabla wrote:

I've read some people say that they logged into Walmart and had pre-approved offers pop up, so I'm wondering if this is one of those soft-pull shopping cart tricks that has worked for many people?  Or is it better to just apply directly?

never heard of it, are you sure your not confusing it with WFFNB accounts like Express store cards? cause those still works.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 4 of 7
diabla
Regular Contributor

Yeah, I know WFFNB still works, this may have been a few months ago but I did see people say it happened at Walmart too.

If you apply in store, then its a hard pull, correct?

Message 5 of 7
distantarray
Established Contributor

@diabla wrote:

Yeah, I know WFFNB still works, this may have been a few months ago but I did see people say it happened at Walmart too.

If you apply in store, then its a hard pull, correct?

yep it's a hard pull, always is when you apply for things, some companies allow you in if your already a customer with good relationships with a soft. applying at the store usually gets higher limits. I would wait til you want to buy something big and try to apply for it then, that usually guarenttees you at a higher limit since they know you could use it RIGHT then right there.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I remember getting a pre-approved message from Walmart when buying something once, I didn't accept, so I have no idea what type of pull it would have been.  This was a while ago though, maybe a year or two.  I don't stop at Walmart.com frequently, but I don't remember seeing it the couple times I've shopped there since that one time.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.