Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a rule with handling acccounts that are NOT on your Credit Report

tag
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Is there a rule with handling acccounts that are NOT on your Credit Report

Case in point: Chase Professional Card (Which appears to be no longer offered) has never appeared on my reports. I asked about it and they said as long as the account remains in good standing, then nothing will appear. So, what is the best way to handle that type of card. Should you stay below a certain percent, and should you always pay more than the min?

Limit 25k
Balance $1260.00
rate 9.9%
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Is there a rule with handling acccounts that are NOT on your Credit Report

@plasticguy wrote:
Case in point: Chase Professional Card (Which appears to be no longer offered) has never appeared on my reports. I asked about it and they said as long as the account remains in good standing, then nothing will appear. So, what is the best way to handle that type of card. Should you stay below a certain percent, and should you always pay more than the min?

Limit 25k
Balance $1260.00
rate 9.9%

What Chase is saying is long as you never pay late or not at all, there's no reason to report the account.  It works the same way as a utility bill or paying rent.  It only appears when you default and goes to collections.

Message 2 of 7
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Thanks for the reply. It's too bad this account doesn't help my scores. I have 25K more exposure than the bureaus think I have.
Message 3 of 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Isn't Chase Professional a business card?
Message 4 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
Isn't Chase Professional a business card?

It is (was) a personal card, but you had to say that you were using it for business purposes, or something. It was an odd hybrid, but it reported on personal CRA's.

It was very popular here about 15 or so months ago, and then it seemed to sink without trace, at least in the various waves of CC apping hysteria.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 7
plasticguy
Established Contributor

New Info: The Chase Professional card is now the "INK Business" Card. I will be getting a new card in 5 days. I am not the owner of any business
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi Plastic Guy.  I don't get it, is the "Ink Business Card" a VISA / MC , or other?  

it gets no mention as to what is on here : 

http://www.chasebusinesscard.com/zeroapr-cards.asp

I was considering apping for it, but now I found out it doesnt report to any CRA.  

Did this change now that they sent you the "Ink" card?

Are you happy w/ this card? Would you recommend it? And did you get the 3% cashback card?  

Thanks for your input Smiley Happy

- alphawav 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.