Frequent Contributor
JMills

Is there a shopping cart trick for other banks?

We often on these forums talk about the shopping cart trick for Comenity Bank, and many people have gotten success with it, including me. I was just curious does the shopping cart trick exist with other banks like Gecrmb/Capital One and various banks that do funding for other store cards that are not affiliated with Comenity. Not that I need one but I was just wondering, because I shop at Amazon a lot and I always wondered will I get a pop up, even though it’s not a Comenity Store Cards. 

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Is there a shopping cart trick for other banks?

JMills wrote:

We often on these forums talk about the shopping cart trick for Comenity Bank, and many people have gotten success with it, including me. I was just curious does the shopping cart trick exist with other banks like Gecrmb/Capital One and various banks that do funding for other store cards that are not affiliated with Comenity. Not that I need one but I was just wondering, because I shop at Amazon a lot and I always wondered will I get a pop up, even though it’s not a Comenity Store Cards. 

Bill Me Later pre-approves off PayPal sometimes but have not seen that in a long time.

Othwerwise, I don't know of any.

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Valued Contributor
injustifiiable

Re: Is there a shopping cart trick for other banks?

I've heard that GECRB does them on the Walmart card sometimes.

I got a shopping cart pre-approval for ShopNBC which is also GECRB, but I believe those are really based off of pre-approvals that they mail (I got a letter a couple days after)

Scores 6/17/2014: TU FICO: 643 | EQ FICO: 675 | EX AMEX FICO: 666

In my new wallet: American Express Premier Rewards Gold EMV: NPSL | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | BarclayCard Rewards Average: $2000 | Travelocity Rewards AMEX: $1050 | Discover IT: $1500 | Amazon Rewards Visa: $1500 | Sportsman's Guide Visa: $3000 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $1250 | Target: $400 | J.Crew $5950

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}